cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im about to just give up....

tag
Nikame81

Im about to just give up....

I've been working on my credit now for slmost 2 years and even though I've made some progress, I'm now at a standstill or even few point down at times. I know what the problem is and its my utilization at the moment and inquiries. I finally acquired an unsecured capital one account and just recieved my first credit steps increase. I also now have victoria secret and another rebuilder card called the build card. I have also recieved two increases on my fingerhut card but my credit has not really moved much and I don't think I will ever get a prime card. I am especially bummed because I just got denied on recon for the Chase Amazon card. This credit journey is very stressful and frustrating...
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Im about to just give up....

If your utilization is more than $5 in your reports you haven't been building credit at all. You were just building debt.

Read my "FICO Scores what time pay off" immediately. Then read my 11 rules link. Both in signature line.

It's a tough thing to say but there's absolutely zero reason to carry more than $50 balance total during a rebuild since before it you couldn't carry a $0 balance.

700 scores in a year or two if you follow my links advice. Maybe sooner.
Message 2 of 7
Nikame81

Thank you!! I'll check it out!!
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't be stressed. There's no anxiety like financial anxiety.

If you want to end that stress, let's all guide you to the solution. I know you can get there with some tough self love for 6 months. We can support you and you can come out on top.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

While rebuilding, don't get too obsessive about getting prime cards.  Just work with what you have.  Think of it as if you're gardening right now for the future.  I made a mistake during my rebuilding days when I apped for too many rebuilding and store cards  Now even though my scores are decent, I still can't get in with any prime lenders because of too many recent accounts opened or too many inquiries.  

Message 5 of 7
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Quit applying for cards.

Use your cards and pay them off ASAP.

Your scores will increase with time.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 6 of 7
Kree
Established Contributor

I like to think of it as a child playing soccer.  The child might be really good at soccer, and want to play professional soccer, but it just isn't gonna happen until they age. However, An older person who never played/practiced soccer isn't going to be able to become a professional either.

It sounds like your building a strong foundation. All you need is a little time to grow.  Patience is sadly needed.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.