Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im super frustrated with Sprint & their CA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im super frustrated with Sprint & their CA

Good morning everyone!

Paid Sprint with the agreement that the would have their CA (Convergent) remove their reporting from my CRs. I've chatted with and spoke on the phone with Sprint reps and they have all said it was being removed in 24-48 hours. But it's still there! Should I reach out to Convergent by phone or email and see what they have to say? Here's a snippet of one of my chats with Sprint:

Samantha K :  I have checked, there is no due on your account now., it will be removed automatically form collection.

You :  It was removed from Transunion the next day but it is still showing up on my credit report for Transunion

Samantha K :  Alright, let me check and confirm it for you.

You :  Thanks so much Samantha!

Samantha K :  Pleasure is all mine, it will only take 1-2 minute. Samantha K :  Thank you for waiting. Samantha K :  I have checked with my supervisor, and , as per the confirmation, we have received the payment, please do not worry, your credit score and information on Transunion will be updated within 24-48 hours.

You :  Thanks Samantha! So will Convergent no longer show up on my credit report?

Samantha K :  Correct, please check your bill after 24-48 hours,

You :  Great! Just making sure because they were still listed as a collection on the report but the balance had been changed to $0

Samantha K :  Information will be updated soon.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: Im super frustrated with Sprint & their CA

Unfortunately, since the CA still had collection authority when you paid the OC all the CA is required to do is to update the account to paid with a zero balance regardless of what Sprint may have told you. So the CA is not doing anything wrong. The issue now is that Sprint can't make the CA delete the account.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply, do you think I may benefit by giving Convergent a call and trying to beg them to remove their tradeline? 

Message 3 of 8
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

I don't know anything about Convergent but it's worth a shot. And if they say no start sending GW letters. And a paid collection looks better than an unpaid one
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha, Convergent is pretty new. I just need it gone! I'm trying to get a student loan and for the underwriting I can't have any paid collection listed other than a medical bill Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's weird I had like 5 collections when I did my student loans they didn't ask me anything about them.

As far as removal you can send a DV letter and once they check with OC they might remove
Message 6 of 8
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

A DV won't work at this point because there is no longer a debt to validate.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's exactly what I'm saying they may notice that it was paid to the OC when processing the DV and remove it due to that.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.