cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improve Score by 100 pts in less than a month.

tag
JOVAPS88

Improve Score by 100 pts in less than a month.

Hello is it possible I can boost my credit score by 100+ pts in less than a year ?? i have 1 court judgement ( wage garnishment) that will be paid off in full next week . My score right now is in the low 500's .  I have 3 acct on collections and 2 revolving ( btw why are some accounts under revolving if they are closed ) all negatively affecting my score but i am aiming to pay off all accounts by March 2014 . 

I have read that the best option to possibly get a higher score in such time span is to apply for a secured CC , this i plan on doing in February. Is there any thing else that can help me maybe become authorized user for two regular CC's ?? 

Thanks for you help. 

jovaps Smiley Happy 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
abzze
Valued Member

Re: Improve Score by 100 pts in less than a month.

First thing I will do with collections is try to get PFD.

Get every thing from CAs in written.

Why are the revolving accounts hurting your score? Do you have lates on them?

If you do have late ask the OC to do GW (more info on GW http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto...

Lastly read the info on how to bounce back from BK within 2 years and have score of 700:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/HOW-TO-From-BK7-discharge-to-700-in-24-months-or-less/td-...

Some of it doesn't apply to you but you'll get a general idea.

Message 2 of 6
DAVE49ERS
Valued Member

yes you can do it I improved my TU score by 110 from sept 2013 to dec 13

Ex: 12/14/13 634 EQ: 1/26/14 639 TU: 3/1/2014 682 walmart TU 650 all FICO scores
Message 3 of 6
JOVAPS88

dave , what would you suggest , i have no open CC i just applied for a 200 secured cap 1 card that i should be getting in the mail soon . i am paying off 4 collections off in the next month or so. 

How did you manage , thanks for you input. 

Message 4 of 6
abzze
Valued Member

For the 4 collections, have you talked to the collection agencies about pay for delete.

Here's a good place to start, I suggest you read this because if 4 collections get deleted from your report your score will at the very least make it to 650 and above.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-PFD-Success-Stories/...

Pay for delete (PFD) is basically asking the collection agency (CA) to remove the collection report in exchange for you paying off the collection.

Even a paid collection is a big deal on the report.

When I got mine removed my score jumped from 668 to 708 overnight. And it was a old paid collection (4 years old).

Message 5 of 6
JOVAPS88

I havent actually reached out to them yet, as a matter of a fact i just got like 3 settlement offers from them , i will look into the PFD for all collections ( northland , midland , fms , cavalry ) once i get them all paid. I heard though that this doenst work always , some collections companies wont budge , but i hope for the best. I live in NY and i am reading that the paid judgement will not be removed until 7 years so that really hurts. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.