Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improvement - SCT (update)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Improvement - SCT (update)

Thought I'd share my signs of improvement .... Today I tried the shopping cart trick to get a hint on if I should go ahead & apply for the Cap1 Platinum. It was on Overstock a few minutes ago that it FINALLY worked after it had not been working for me at least since mid February.

Scores sitting at 608 TU , 618 EQ , 648 EX .... I'm gonna try 3 more stores to see if I prequalify & if so, I'll pull the trigger on Cap1 Platinum. 

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Improvement - SCT

My scores are similar and I've had platinum a fora year and half and just upgraded to qs so you got a good chance
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does the shopping cart trick work on mobile devices as well?
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@swilli08 , i tried from my phone & i couldn't get it to work but im sure you can.

@Brandonnky , i feel like i might. I tried 11 stores & only overstock seemed to do the trick lol. Im gonna take the night to think it over & pull the trigger in the am if i dont chicken out.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thought I'd share my signs of improvement .... Today I tried the shopping cart trick to get a hint on if I should go ahead & apply for the Cap1 Platinum. It was on Overstock a few minutes ago that it FINALLY worked after it had not been working for me at least since mid February.

Scores sitting at 608 TU , 618 EQ , 648 EX .... I'm gonna try 3 more stores to see if I prequalify & if so, I'll pull the trigger on Cap1 Platinum. 

I am not sure of what your report looks like, but here is what I did. I apped for a CAP1 Journey in January (See starting Scores) and was approved for $300 unsecure. After running $1k through the card in a month, I apped for the QS and was approved for $500. I went online to CAP1 chat after I was approved and PC'd my Journey to a QS1.

Now limits were: QS1 $300 and QS $500, I was thrilled. After my second statement cut I requested a CLI on my QS1 and was approved up too $800. I accepted. A Month later I requested a CLI on my QS and was approved for $1500.

Only baddie (6yo chargeoff) fell off in the beginning of May. I went app crazy and now have $30k in credit lines.

Bottom line here is I would do a double app for teh QS1 and Plarinum back to back. This is what so many do however I failed to do.

Message 5 of 11
EDub357
Frequent Contributor

Shoppping cart trick?  What is this and how does it work? 

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

YAAAAASSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!

Sweating under my armpits while I hit Submit Application button. I GOT APPROVED !!!! Sick & tired of waiting. Sick & tired of not seeing the pre-qualified offers. I've been patient, working hard, & staying strong from my app spree itches & I'm finally getting somewhere. Capital One approved me for the Platinum Card at a $1,000 limit !!!! I thank all of you. Wow !

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

From my understanding the SCT is when you put items in your online shopping cart (Comenity stores) & see if a preapproved message pops up prior to entering payment info
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dang girl ... that's AWESOME!!! 

Congrats! 

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Improvement - SCT (update)

Thank you !!!
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.