Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improvement stalled out around 620-630

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Improvement stalled out around 620-630

Long time lurker, first time poster. So my scores were down in the 500s - nothing MAJOR like a bankruptcy - just general sloppiness and late pays. I've worked hard over the last 6-12 months to pay off all credit card debt. Only debt is mortgage, 2 car loans, and a  student loan. My last 30-day late pay was 6 months ago. All credit cards have a zero balance. I've definitely seen my score improve, but it seems to have stalled out around 620-630. What else can I do to get up above 700???

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: Improvement stalled out around 620-630

GW letters for the lates and time
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, Ive been in the same boat as you.  Ive been in the 640-650 range for a full YEAR now.  hasnt moved one bit its super frustrating, but I did this to myself.  Time will heal it though!

Message 3 of 6
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

Only time. Don't apply for credit just to try and get a boost, that can backfire. I am waiting as well and preparing a GW campaign for my student loans.

@Anonymous wrote:

Long time lurker, first time poster. So my scores were down in the 500s - nothing MAJOR like a bankruptcy - just general sloppiness and late pays. I've worked hard over the last 6-12 months to pay off all credit card debt. Only debt is mortgage, 2 car loans, and a  student loan. My last 30-day late pay was 6 months ago. All credit cards have a zero balance. I've definitely seen my score improve, but it seems to have stalled out around 620-630. What else can I do to get up above 700???

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all. Can someone kindly point me to the best resource on sending GW letters? I'm sure it's been discussed thoroughly, so I won't ask you to rehash it, but rather point me to the best resource. Thank you again!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you all. Can someone kindly point me to the best resource on sending GW letters? I'm sure it's been discussed thoroughly, so I won't ask you to rehash it, but rather point me to the best resource. Thank you again!

Here is a link to a goodwill letter thread that may be helpful. http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Stories/td-p/1573680
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.