Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improving credit after Foreclosure

tag
polscigeek
Established Member

Improving credit after Foreclosure

I walked away from my condo which was underwater in 2010.  The foreclosure hurt my credit temporarily, but I have been working hard on getting my FICO back to where it was at prior. I'm pre-approved for a FHA mortgage and I'm in the market for a new home as we speak.  Here are the things I did which has helped me bounce back so quickly. On advice from a friend I signed up with Lexington Law.  I was very very leery of these "fix your credit" companies so at first I blew off his suggestion.  However, after doing a little homework, I took a leap of faith and signed up. I took the middle option which I think was about $60 a month.  And I stayed with them for about 11 months. I have to honestly say that I wasn't expecting much to come of it, but they somehow got my forclosure removed!  My mortgage broker even told me that he can't understand how it was removed. But once the FC was removed, my credit scores have been steadily increasing over the last 2 years since my fresh start.  The second thing I did, was buy a new car and got a loan through Ally Bank.  Add in my student loans that came due in the middle of all of this.  And the constant repayment of those 3 lines has really been great.  So, I'm working hard and paying all my bills on time and I should be back over 700 by the end of the year or by early next year.  Good luck to everyone in their credit rebuilding activities. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Improving credit after Foreclosure

Grats to all your success Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 3
polscigeek
Established Member

Re: Improving credit after Foreclosure

Thank you!  I appreciate the kind words.  It's nice to be able to be back above water again.  And while I still have a long way to go I love seeing one of my credit scores Equifax at 721!  

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.