cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improving journal: progress, and general questions. Help out a n00b!

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Actually, that AAoA is from Credit Karma. My oldest accou...

If all of the payment history was there prior to disputing, it should be there now, minus the disputed late payments if those were removed.

Sometimes they will update the dispute status before the entire account.

All those years of ontime history could have an impact, as a long, good payment history is part of a good FICO score.

I would give it a little bit of time and see what happens.  If it doesn't change, contact the CRA and ask about it.

Message 11 of 18
Mannymal
New Contributor

Yes, all the on-time history was there on EX before it was disputed. Now there are years missing.

What a pain in the ass! So I should call the reporting agency about it, or the creditors themselves?

AMEX BCE: $3000, CHASE Freedom: $4000, Discover IT: $2,500, Barclay Apple: $1700, Barclay Arrival: $3,000, GE Amazon Store: $6000, Amazon CHASE Visa: $500, American Airlines Federal Credit Union: $6000, Macy's: $600. GARDENING 01/15/15

Starting Score: TU FICO: 630
Current Score: TU FICO: 734 EX FICO: 704
Goal Score: 760+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Is the dispute resolved?

Can you post a pic of the account and how it is reporting?

Message 13 of 18
Mannymal
New Contributor

Sure. Here is one of the accounts before the dispute:

And here is the same account after:

And thats not the only one, the same happened to a few others. So I am losing years of credit history, I am afraid that the ratio of on time payments to late payments will now be worse, even after six late payments were removed. 

(This same account now has a 6,000 credit limit)

AMEX BCE: $3000, CHASE Freedom: $4000, Discover IT: $2,500, Barclay Apple: $1700, Barclay Arrival: $3,000, GE Amazon Store: $6000, Amazon CHASE Visa: $500, American Airlines Federal Credit Union: $6000, Macy's: $600. GARDENING 01/15/15

Message 14 of 18
Mannymal
New Contributor

Forgot to answer - yes the dispute with Experian is complete. This is all Experian, still waiting for the Transunion results. But my biggest worry is EX because I want an AMEX BCE and I believe thats what they look at?

Message 15 of 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Technically it isn't lost.  The date opened is still there and it states pays as agreed/never late.

I would contact EX and ask why the history was removed.

Message 16 of 18
Mannymal
New Contributor

Some very good news: I called American Express and they converted my Delta card into a Blue Cash Everyday card Smiley LOL

That was pretty much the main goal of this project. However, I will continue my efforts to have the best credit file possible. I will call Experian as soon as I can to verify why my whole credit history is not showing, and I will report back here with my results so that others can search the forums in posterity.

Message 17 of 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.