cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improving my credit, Need some help and will post updates.

tag
ssss3300

Improving my credit, Need some help and will post updates.

Hello all, I would like to say this forum is great and I have learned alot by reading many posts. I am here to post my status of my credit report, hopefully get some help and post my updates throughout the way.

My Current Credit Score is a 571, I am trying to get it as high as possible in the fastest time as possible although I know patience is key.

I have some accounts in "collections" Status:

RDK Collections- $240.00

Credit Protection Association- $308.00 (previous brighthouse network bill)

Convergent (Paid 0.00)

I also have 2 "Delinquent" accounts

Nissan Infiniti- $1459

Bank Of America- $1,041

Now I have contacted each company over the phone and none are willing to agree to a PTD. So I have used their basic addresses and sent off GW letters over this passed weekend. From what ive Read a few of these are hard ones to crack. I will post updated in a week or two if i receive any responses from these companies. I have not sent a GW to bank of america yet because I want to find the correct department to do so. I spoke With a Bank of America Rep today and they advised me my account is with  "CSI collections".

I will continue to post updates through out mytime, also if anyone has better contact information for any of my above accounts such an adddress, phone number, or email address, They have had Success with using a Good Will letter, and would like to PM me or post the information thats allowed to be posted that would be greatly apperciated.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Improving my credit, Need some help and will post updates.

There are two basic issues with the unpaid debt.  The first, obviously, is getting them satisfied, and the second is credit report exclusion.

Whether getting earlier CR exclusion is important depends upon when they will become excluded on their own, and whether you plan to app for new credit prior to that time.

If CR exclusion is on the horizon prior to when you will next need your score, then PFD becomes kinda secondary, and you can just pay.

What is the DOFD on the OC accounts that have reported a collection?  That date, and that date alone, tells you when the collection will become excluded.

If they have a while to go before normal exclusion, then I would suggest pursuing your PFD quest by getting the name of a manaagement official to make your plea rather than sending requests to vanilla mailing addresses.  They have the discretion to grant exceptions to normal "we dont delete" policy.

The two delinquent accounts could become worse, and would be my immediate focus.  What is their level of delinquency?

They could easily be charged-off, referred for collection, and/or subject to filing suit.

Avoiding further damage would, in my opinion, be a priority.

Message 2 of 3
ssss3300

Re: Improving my credit, Need some help and will post updates.

As for the collection accounts

one is fairly new ( RDK Collections, 12/31/2013)

And the Credit Protection Association is from (12/03/2012)

I would love to get a PFD for those but if not I may just have to pay them and let them show paid on my credit report.

I agree with you my Priority ones are the ones that are in delinquent status, and both are showing a "closed" status.

Bank Of America went to collection end of 2011, and shows last reported Feb 12 2013

Nissan infiniti Finance went to collections in the beginning of 2012 and shows last reported March of 2014.

Those Are the Main two I would like to pay in full, although finding the right department or management to get a PFD request especially with Nissan has been a struggle. Is finding the president of the company and sending him a letter a little extreme? I know some people have different luck with different management departments I have not been so lucky, I am also fairly new at this. Would paying them first and than trying to to send another GW letter be a good or bad idea?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.