Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In a Jam with DishTV, need assistance plz

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

In a Jam with DishTV, need assistance plz

Alright, I currently have a balance with DISH that's past due. I'm trying to resolve my debt with them, however they apparently don't do payment plans. They've threatened to send my account to collections unless my balance was paid in full, WITHOUT the option of working something out.

Turns out my account was sent to collections. They told me that if my balance was paid in full that eventually it would be removed from collections, but of course they wouldn't agree to put this in writing. They instead directed me to the collections agency they apparently sent my account to, but when I called this place, they said that DISH had since cancelled their collections claim in 2014.

I don't think this guy was lying, and according to Credit Karma I don't see the DISH account. Seems DISH is running me in a circle, would anyone be able to tell me what recourse I possibly have, and make any sense of this?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: In a Jam with DishTV, need assistance plz

There is an executive customer service email that I was able to use to resolve my issues with them.  I will send it to you in private message.  Sometimes the lowest level of customer services reps can't access older accounts so you need a higher level of rep to help.  

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

What agency did they say they sent your debt to? 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That'd be great, I'd appreciate it. DISH really made me dizzy, I wish I understood why these lower-tier (no offense meant by this) employees take their jobs SO seriously, as if it's personally them that I owe the money to

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

What agency did they say they sent your debt to? 

GCS Collections

Message 5 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

So your goal is to obtain agreement from Dish to establish a payment plan?

If you have been told they dont do that, then I would think the next sttep would be to call someone in their executive offices, who has the authority to grant a managerial exception to their management policy.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

So your goal is to obtain agreement from Dish to establish a payment plan?

If you have been told they dont do that, then I would think the next sttep would be to call someone in their executive offices, who has the authority to grant a managerial exception to their management policy.

I've already utilized the e-mail a user above sent me, I'll try this as well. I hope they'll agree to put this in writing/e-mail

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.