cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In a spot with CC debt. Need advice about debt management programs vs. consolidation loans.

tag
Funk-O-Meter
Contributor

In a spot with CC debt. Need advice about debt management programs vs. consolidation loans.

Well a WHOLE lot of stuff (good and bad) happend in the last 18 months and we're in a rough spot with repaying credit card debt. I need advice.

We're at 21k debt.

About half of that is interest defered via balance transfer offers till next year.

Most of what's subject to interest is at 16% or lower with only 2.2K at 22%

We're making about $75k+ a year between us.

I'm thinking we can pay 1,200-1,800 towards them monthly.

Due to my utilization my FICO is 650ish at the moment. Down 100pts from a year ago.

No lates that I'm aware of.

Just moved to a new town with news jobs (same income) and have new relationships with banks.

Should I:

Stay the course paying every dime we can afford to throw at it and hope to defer some more via transfer offers?

Consider a debt management program?

Consider a consolidation or personal loan?

Thanks guys... sure need some advice from folks who've been here.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: In a spot with CC debt. Need advice about debt management programs vs. consolidation loans.

Stay the course! It sounds like you can do it! Don't add to it, stay disciplined. You CAN do it!!
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: In a spot with CC debt. Need advice about debt management programs vs. consolidation loans.

@Anonymous wrote:
Stay the course! It sounds like you can do it! Don't add to it, stay disciplined. You CAN do it!!

I agree - Snowball it, paying minimums on the 0% and concentrating on the highest interest. You'll have most of it paid off before the 0% offers even expire.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with everyone else. You can do it! Just keep in mind that the more dedicated you stay, the better results you'll see Smiley Very Happy I am pumped for you guys, YOU CAN DO IT!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.