cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In desperate need of guidance!

tag
shamenomore03

In desperate need of guidance!

I have finally had enough and started the deep dive in the abyss which is my credit report.  Since I have been working on it my score has gone up and down and round and round.  It's like watching the stock market and is starting to drive me crazy.  My goals are high and my score is ehhhh. Any advice from those who have managed to swim to the top is greatly appreciated.

Here are my stats currently:

CK score: TU 588/ EQ 533

This has jumped up and down quite a few times this month

Fico score: 8/4 EQ 610/TU 595/EX 596 

Same jump around here 

Beginning score: 7/20

EQ 627/ TU 601/ EX 639

Now for the meat and potatoes....

Forgive me as I am kind of new to this.

% of available credit being used is 83% ( this is not reporting the new cap1 card I was just issued with a $3k cl)

Negative accounts:

Most of these happened when i had to close my business Smiley Sad

Planet green Llc - charged off last reported 1/1/16

Great plains lending - charged off last reported 1/1/16

Cap1 (1st card) 30/60 sent of a letter of goodwill recently and just got a call back denied. Card is in good standing that was from early 2016

Dade county federal credit union- account was paid and closed but was 30 days late 12/13

Planet home lending- current mortgage shows foreclosure status on ex but paid as agreed on EQ and TU. It is not in foreclosure status.

Flagstar bank- account was transfered to Planet home so this is closed (4 late payments)

Credit one bank- charge off 

Navient- student loan - account was 120 past due thought it was in a deferral status.  Just called them to make sure it is now. 

Collection accounts:

ATT direct TV- this one pisses me off because I canceled this $92 LR 1/17

Portfolio- $7700 

Public storage- $1200 

Midland funding- $1800 LR 1/16

Medical- $86 

I really would like to clean this up. I am a single mom with a son in college now and want to live a sort of stress free life from major debt and younger mistakes. I would like to get better rates and be able to have the pick of the litter with cc's. 

My cs goals are to get to 750 across the board!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: In desperate need of guidance!

First off totally disregard the CK Fako scores...

Second, if you don't have a paper copy of your 3 credit reports....    get them

Third,  Some of the collections like the ATT and Medical if they are collection agencies reporting I would call the OC and see if you can pay directly and have them removed

Fourth, On your other collections you need to see if there are discrepencies that you can use to dispute..        Are they within the SOL for your state?     If so you might not want to poke the bear as it were...   You might have to wait a bit to challenge if you can...

Fifth,  How many positive accounts do you have going?     While it is good to get derogatory info off, that is half the battle..   Establishing and keeping good accounts going is just as important....

Message 2 of 3
shamenomore03

Re: In desperate need of guidance!

Hi! Thanks for replying. I currently have 5 accounts in good standing. 

Mortgage

Car

2 credit cards

Student loan

I'm not sure what the SOL is for Florida so will have to look that up. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.