Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In need of a personal loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: In need of a personal loan

And Perhaps you're right. If I'm unable to find a loan company to accommodate my needs or close to it I might just have to store the car away for a little bit until I'm able to come up with the amount of money I need to pay off these debt collectors and get a new transmission for the vehicle. Score new vehicle away in my garage or at my parents house would it be a problem I don't think. I understand that repair your credit takes time and patience but I'm sort of running out of the time part because there are many other things that I need to do but all of them require decent or good credit and I've screwed my credit up when I was a young 18-year-old kid by buying things that I really can afford and if I had knew that credit will be this important in today's day and age I would have never let it lose a single point.
Message 11 of 21
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@yoyo wrote:

Hello, I've filed BK and was approved for a personal loan with Avant Credit.  This is an online lender. They will do a soft pull for preapproval so you don't have to worry about a hard pull.  My loan was approved for $4,000 at 39% APR...this is high

... way robbery.

WOW.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

^^^^

LOL

I would consider that to be predatory.

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TRC_WA wrote:

@yoyo wrote:

Hello, I've filed BK and was approved for a personal loan with Avant Credit.  This is an online lender. They will do a soft pull for preapproval so you don't have to worry about a hard pull.  My loan was approved for $4,000 at 39% APR...this is high

... way robbery.

WOW.

...wondering if the owner of Avant Credit is named Vito, with a son named Michael.

Message 14 of 21
yoyo
Established Contributor

Sorry Bk is bankruptcy.,,,mine was discharged 8/2014. Well you have to have proof of income and verification of your address. I was pre-approved first then i applied. Since i had a new address i had to give them a utility bill. Process took about 15mins and the loan was deposit in my checking acct the next day even though they said that it would take 3 days.
Message 15 of 21
yoyo
Established Contributor

Remember the better your score the better the APR...the longer you pay..the higher the Apr...my plan is to pay it off in 12 months not the 18 I've chosen. Money is in my acct...wanted a mix of credit...and they do report payment history. It depends on your goals....when i pay this off my score will be higher and i could get another loan with a lower apr.....just got to make sure you have the funds to pay it back. Remember my bk was 8-2014 and my score as of 2-17-2015 is 600. In 8-2014 was 459
Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds good @yoyo proof of income is no problem for me. I don't know how you feel about exposing this information but what was your score when you apied for the loan?
Message 17 of 21
yoyo
Established Contributor

600 .....for three months they didn't approve me neither did Lend-up..until one day Lendup mailed me a preapproval. I went back to Advant and got approved
Message 18 of 21
yoyo
Established Contributor

Try Lendup as well both are soft pulls
Message 19 of 21
Relique
New Contributor

I would second the advice that you should just store the car and get a cheap car to get you to work until you are in better financial shape. The car may have been a steal but the chances of you borrowing money, buying a transmission, and ending up with more unforseen problems are substantial. You don't want to dig yourself into a deeper hole with no guarantee of reliable transportation at the end. 

The painful truth is that personal loans are really hard to get. There is absolutely no collateral or protection for the creditor like a car or a house. To get that much money on a personal loan would likely only come from a creditor who you had a long term relationship with, and would require a much higher score. Even if you are to get approved somewhere the interest would be so high that you might as well get a cheap used car now and it would cost you less than the interest you would have to pay over a couple of years. 

As far as debt collectors go, it doesn't make financial sense to take out a very high interest loan to pay them off. You are better off just working with them and coming to some sort of a payment plan. Often times you can negotiate some favorable deals where you pay very little if any additional interest. It is much better than a personal loan.

Good luck to you. 

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.