Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In need of advice from fellow myFICO users

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

In need of advice from fellow myFICO users

Dear myFICO forum users,

It has been a while since my last entry to the site.  Thanks to this forum I was able to build my credit from scratch 5 years ago.

I came from nothing to having a VISA (BOA), AMEX (BOA), Macys, Bloomingdales, AA, Express, bought my car.

It started with my BOA VISA (originally a student VISA) which I graduated within a year with the help of the skills I acquired in this site.  Reading lots of useful information from CL, product changes, backdoor numbers, you name it.  I was able to not only establish my credit, but also help my family and closest friends establish theirs.  I also keep a few from going to Credit Repair companies and paying 100s for something they could do themselves.

5 years later, I find myself in a difficuly situation.  My credit to debt ratio is high and my VISA BOA has been put a "Hold" (They closed it) due to its high balance.  I called them to find alternatives and their only option is to place both my BOA cards into a 5 years plan. (Sounds great doesnt it?!) Too bad by entering this program they automatically close my 2 CCs. So much for customer appreciation after 5 years of flawless history with them.

The rules of thumb I learned from this same site keep me from doing this, as I will not flush down 5 years of history. 

I would like to ask for your help and advice as I do not want to see myself in this situation any longer.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: In need of advice from fellow myFICO users

I would not take their offer. Many CCCs will offer a repayment plan to help reduce the interest and/or payments, but because the org. terms were broken per the agreement with the CC, they will usually opt to mark you late monthly up to the point you pay it off. I'd stay away from any of their offers especially with BofA.

Hunker down, rebudget, and knock it out as fast as possible.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.