Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In need of advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

In need of advice

Hello to all...I have been reading here for some time now and have decided to get everyones opinion on what to do with my situation. Any advice or opinions will be greatly appreciated.  So here we go....

I have these 3/4 baddies on my reports and want to get them off if possible..

American general............pd 12/07......was 120 past due......on all 3 CR....account is closed and paid,i just want it removed.....maybe a GW?

Jared........opened 1/06....clsd 8/06.....$958 CO.....EDTBR 5/2013......on all 3 CR..

Pinnacle Credit Services.....bought by pinnacle on 8/2008......verizon was orig creditor....orig late was 5/06......$1309 CA........on TU and EX....got removed from EQ

BoA.....current, paid on time for 2 yrs now....had a few lates 3 yrs ago, would like to have them removed.....GW?

Ok thats the bad, now the Good is i have about 9 good TL with ab 9% util....all current, never late.

The 4 baddies were the result of bad decisions made while in college.....i have a much better understanding for money and credit these days....i just cant seem to move ahead with these baddies holding me back.....current scores in the low to mid 600's

All opions/advice is appreciated......thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: In need of advice

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello to all...I have been reading here for some time now and have decided to get everyones opinion on what to do with my situation. Any advice or opinions will be greatly appreciated.  So here we go....

I have these 3/4 baddies on my reports and want to get them off if possible..

American general............pd 12/07......was 120 past due......on all 3 CR....account is closed and paid,i just want it removed.....maybe a GW? Yes try a GW since it is paid nothing left to do besides wait it out until it falls off

Jared........opened 1/06....clsd 8/06.....$958 CO.....EDTBR 5/2013......on all 3 CR.. You can DV the CA but unless you live in Texas they do not have to respond. Keep in mind once you wake the sleeping bear if with-in SOL they may sue you. Make sure you have the funds to PIF if with-in SOL. This leads you to attempt a PFD if they verify the collection. 

Pinnacle Credit Services.....bought by pinnacle on 8/2008......verizon was orig creditor....orig late was 5/06......$1309 CA........on TU and EX....got removed from EQ What was reason EQ removed? 

BoA.....current, paid on time for 2 yrs now....had a few lates 3 yrs ago, would like to have them removed.....GW? Yes a GW is the correct approach.

Ok thats the bad, now the Good is i have about 9 good TL with ab 9% util....all current, never late. If you can try lowering your UTIL some more 1-5% as that has helped others to see score increases.

The 4 baddies were the result of bad decisions made while in college.....i have a much better understanding for money and credit these days....i just cant seem to move ahead with these baddies holding me back.....current scores in the low to mid 600's No explanations are necessary, most of us have all bean there at one time or another. 

All opions/advice is appreciated......thanks

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks JM-AM,  i disputed the Pinnacle with all 3 bureaus....EQ is the only one that removed it.

On the Jared acct..... i think the SOL in GA is 3 yrs, so I might be clear of being sued....so will a DV or PFD be better......or possibly both if neccessary?

Also.. any GW templates out there??

Message 3 of 6
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks JM-AM,  i disputed the Pinnacle with all 3 bureaus....EQ is the only one that removed it. Just a word of caution, while one CRA removes does not mean the others will remove as the others may come back verified, also early removal does not mean it will not reappear at a later date. Pay attention continuously on this. 

On the Jared acct..... i think the SOL in GA is 3 yrs, so I might be clear of being sued....so will a DV or PFD be better......or possibly both if neccessary? As long as you have the money to pay in full in case it is in SOL. IMO I always send a DV first as the collection may have been sold, records lost or purged from system, etc etc...  If you do not get a response to the DV in about 30-45 days (make sure you send it CMRRR) then you have to determine if you would like to contact them and offer a PFD.

Also.. any GW templates out there?? There are several GW examples in the forums, just do a search on GW's

Good Luck

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

On the Jared account, I see only the reporting of a CO, and not a collection..  You cant DV an OC.

On the Jared account, If paid, you can GW them.  If unpaid, you can try a PFD.

On all of the accounts, I would suspect that you have more than 4 baddies in your CR.

AmGen got to 120-days late, implying the prior reporting of possibly a 30/60/90 late.  If you GW them, ask for deltion of all, not just the last.

Did Jared report monthly delinquencies prior to their CO?  If so, they are also additional derogs to deal with, and not just the CO.

On the Pinnacle collection, did the OC (verizon) report any prior monthly derogs or a CO before collection referral, and posting of the CA?

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks RobertEG,

The Jared is just a CO....and they didnt report any neg info until CO

On the Pinnacle one, they are the only one reporting...the OC (verizon) doesnt even show up

I believe I was confused on exactly what a baddie meant.....I thought it was the acct in general....if it is each late over 30 days then I definately have more than 4

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.