Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In need of serious help...

tag
MzCharming
New Contributor

In need of serious help...

First off, I appreciate any information that anyone can help me with on this. I have read everything that I can read and spent hours and hours trying to deciper how I should go about this. I feel as if my head is about to explode. I am still not understanding what I should be doing with this credit file... So, I am asking for help...any help that I can get to make my dreams of a prime-credit card and a better fico (my own house) a reality. 

Here goes... Filed for Ch. 7 Bk in Aug 2012 and discharged Nov. 2012: Fico: 530EQ... 

Auto Loan: 21k - (18.9... but I needed a car asap wanting to either trade or refi in the next 6 months)

Cards: (First Premier: 300 unsecured, PNC Secured: 250, Fifth Third Secured: 300, Cap1 Secured: 200, Fingerhut: ??? Freshstart)

Credit Utilization: A little high right this sec. 68% however, will be pd down next statement close. 

Working from the EQ CF

*Public Record - Satified Judgement - reporting IIB (Can I GW this? Dispute it? Leave it alone?)

CA 

*PDM - Reporting $0 bal - IIB

*ERC- Rporting Bal $142 - IIB

*RMS - Reporting $0 bal - IIB

*CBA- Reporting 706 bal - IIB

I really don't understand this??? Should I dispute the ones reporting bals with the CRA's and then try to GW the accounts with the CO?

Also,

I have 2 SL accounts that are showing as Defaulted... however, those have been since included in a consolidation, I have confirmed with the  OC that I owe nothing but the notation is still showing up on the CR? Statused over 120 late with notations that I dispute this information... which I do; however they won't correct. Any advise with this???

Also I have a myriad of SL and other accounts that are closed but reporting various lates. Should I GW? I read somewhere here that SL are nortorious hard to GW but I am up for the challege as long as the stamps hold out and USPS delivers at least once a week.

I am committed to this!!!  I feel a case of Fico Annymous needs to be started. I am officially addicted. Once I get some pointers in the right directionSmiley Happy 

Thanks! 

Where I Started: TU: 492 EQ: 411 EX: 486
Where I Am: TU:550 EQ: 530, EX 557
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: In need of serious help...

Discharge of a debt, either by paying the debt or by way of BK, does not require the deletion of any derogs that occured on the account prior to discharge of the debt.

Dispute of the continued showing of a derog requires some showing of inaccuracy of the reporting itself  that is not based on the ultimate payment status of the debt.

If the derog occured, then request for GW deletion is the course.  If the debt was discharge by BK, the creditor might not have a feeling of good-will, but give it a go.

As for the debts that were discharged by the BK, yes, they are required to update the balance to $0. You have no remaining debt with them. 

I would make an informal call and remind them of their responsibility under FCRA 623(a)(2) to timely update their reporting.  If they balk or delay, then send them a direct dispute for non-compliance with section 623(a)(2).  You dont want a dispute flag in your credit report unless necessary.

Some courts will entertain a motion to vacate their judgment once the debt is satisfied.  It varies by court.  I would call the clerk of the court and inquire as to their practice and procedure.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.