In regards to a 30 day late.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: In regards to a 30 day late.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Erick12 wrote:

I would just be filing a dispute with the CFPB about this. No point in arguing with Harley Davidson or the CRAs. If they got it 15 days late, you're not 30 days late. They have no argument. It does not take over 2 weeks to "process" a check. They've probably screwed over other people in a similar way. Reporting it helps get something done about these things in a bigger and more permanent way that will help the next person in this situation.

I filed it last night with the CFPB and made my complaint agaist all 3 CR's for not following the credit reporting resource guide that they set forth and also not correctly verifing the information accuratly . After researching the credit reporting resource guide in which i quoted the industry standard for reporting account delinguincy it states " The "clock" for a 30 day delinquency starts 30 days adte the due date, as oppose to the billing date." It then gives an illistration that if the bill was due on january 1st the bill would have to be paid on the febuary 2nd to be considered 30 days late. The payment must also be applied to the account when recieved not when they "get arround" to processing my payment. It's not my problem or even my concern why it takes them that long to process a payment. It souds to me like maybe they need to hire more people, but thats not my concern either.

I submitted my evidence from my AAA insurance letter sent to me by the claims department at the insurance company which states when the payment to harley was mailed.

Therefore if my bill was due on Novemebr 1st and the check was mailed on the 15th and they recieved it on the 18th I wouldnt be 30 days late. The "clock" by the ISRAD standard started on the 1st of novemeber.

I asked that the 30 day late be removed from the account and all nigitive information containing the statement "not more than 30 days late. and it be reported as a "paid as agreed account"

I know the 30 day late was from 2011 but the problem is the account was 4 months old so it won't drop off until 2018. If i can make it a positive trade line I can keep that account until 2021.

I'm also a little upset becasue I did finance 3 motorcycles with them all over 30k, with intrest Ive probably gave them over 100k since 2011 and I think that pretty crappy to hit someone with a 30 day late, when I did infact have proof.

The actually called me today to finance another bike because i just sold my 2014 harley and have been looking at an CVO ultra. I told the guy on the phone. Do you really think I'm going to finance a 40k bike with you and you guys hit me with a 30day late. He was apologetic but in some cases "i'm sorry" doesn't fix the issue. 

We shall see I just sent thm in last night and they were already submitted to each of the CRA's

Account age doesn't come into play - reported late payments will be individually excluded 7 years from the date they were reported to occur. So the account will become "positive" at that time and continue on your reports until ten years after the account is closed. If the account was closed in 2014, it will continue to show on your reports until 2024.

Thats odd on my EQ report is says schedualed to be removed 11/18? Same as another lone I was late on it has a scheduale to remove date from my last 30 day late...

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

The account was closed in 2011 only had the bike for 3 months Smiley Sad it was only a 6 month color too. I was very unhappy, Harley changes their colors every 2 years eith the exception of black. But this particular color they disconinued after only 6 months and it took me forever to find the bike. Ended up finding one 6 hours away. I was truely heart broken when it was stolen

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry its my TU report looking at it now it says estimated moth and year this item will be removed 10/2018

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

sorry its my TU report looking at it now it says estimated moth and year this item will be removed 10/2018

Possibly the "item" is referring to the 30 day late? I dunno. I have two paid auto loans on my TU. One from 12/10 to 9/12 with 5 lates near the end - it has an estimated removal date of 3/19...Hmmm...Thats Odd.... The other one from 3/12 to 8/14 has one late from 6/13, but it has no estimated removal date shown at all. Thats from last years free report pull.

Message 14 of 17
Erick12
Valued Member

You should make your complaint against Harley Davidson, not the CRAs. I don't see that the CRAs did anything wrong. They have no idea when your payment was due or when it got to H-D. All they know is H-D said it was 30 days late. So you go after H-D for giving them bad information.

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried that Eric and many many times. It comes back verified, the cfpd complaint I made also was closed due to Harley's explanation that it was in fact late and policy states that I must allow for the processing time in order for my payment to count. So I must factor in the 7-10 days. Harley financial expects the payment posted by the due date. So if it's due the first Harley wants that payment in on the 1st. This is a violation of the credit reporting resource guide. That guide is strictly for the CRA's and how they must report the account. Not on how Harley must report the account. If they infact can see that I sent the payment in in the 15th the CRA's will adjust the account and tell Harley to pound sand.
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I got my first full response back from the CFPB compaint filed against all 3 CRA. 

Here's TU response. 

We have reviewed your complaint and searched our records using the information you provided; however, we were unable to locate any previous communication from you regarding this issue prior to the complaint you filed with the CFPB, where you disputed this information for the first time. We have updated Harley Davidson Credit #xxxx to reflect as a positive reporting account.

Im expecting the same results from the other 2. 

I know it's an old 30 day late and probably doesn't have much of a score impact, if any, but it's a win in my book for another positive reporting account and a positive reporting payment history! 

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.