Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In trouble best company to get an arrangement with

tag
jthompson5254
Valued Member

In trouble best company to get an arrangement with

Ok, a little over 2 years ago, I was fired from a job at a hospital making 30K that just wasn't a good fit. About 9 months ago, I got a job repairing computers for a major retailer, however I only make $10 an hour and its part time. So now on most of my cards, I'm 1 month behind. I've kept this at one month so that I don't get reported to the credit bureaus as reporting requires 31 days or more late. I moved baqk in with my parents and only have a few bills but can't seem to dig out of this hole. Wondering if anyone knew the best phone numbers and best companies to make arrangments with.

I have the following debts:

1. Capital One $1000 (Approx) $25 minimum payment, on that I'm current

2. Chase- $750 $26 minimum payment  CURRENT

$2100 $107.00 minumum payment (just paid the past due balance $107 is due in 2 days)

3. Citibank $1200 $235 minmium payment of which $74 is 25 days past due

4. Valero Gas Card (DSRM National Bank) $750 $319 minimum payment (Valero/DSRM uses the 1/6th of your bill is your minimum payment)

Who have people had sucess with and are there any phone numbers that are better at others at getting a good department. tp talk to? The big thing is I'd like to try not to hurt my credit that much, I'm currently in the low to mid 600s due to high utilization and 1 or 2 31-60s. I'm looking for a job so I don't want to screw it up. I'm also looking for a 2nd part time job to make more money temporarily till I find a more suitable job

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: In trouble best company to get an arrangement with

@jthompson5254 wrote:

Ok, a little over 2 years ago, I was fired from a job at a hospital making 30K that just wasn't a good fit. About 9 months ago, I got a job repairing computers for a major retailer, however I only make $10 an hour and its part time. So now on most of my cards, I'm 1 month behind. I've kept this at one month so that I don't get reported to the credit bureaus as reporting requires 31 days or more late. I moved baqk in with my parents and only have a few bills but can't seem to dig out of this hole. Wondering if anyone knew the best phone numbers and best companies to make arrangments with.

I have the following debts:

1. Capital One $1000 (Approx) $25 minimum payment, on that I'm current

2. Chase- $750 $26 minimum payment  CURRENT

$2100 $107.00 minumum payment (just paid the past due balance $107 is due in 2 days)

3. Citibank $1200 $235 minmium payment of which $74 is 25 days past due

4. Valero Gas Card (DSRM National Bank) $750 $319 minimum payment (Valero/DSRM uses the 1/6th of your bill is your minimum payment)

Who have people had sucess with and are there any phone numbers that are better at others at getting a good department. tp talk to? The big thing is I'd like to try not to hurt my credit that much, I'm currently in the low to mid 600s due to high utilization and 1 or 2 31-60s. I'm looking for a job so I don't want to screw it up. I'm also looking for a 2nd part time job to make more money temporarily till I find a more suitable job

Thats going to be your solution right there. Work fast food if you have to. Anything to bring enough in to knock those balances down. You're getting killed with late fees and interest right now.

Message 2 of 3
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: In trouble best company to get an arrangement with

Also, I would let the gas card go bad and keep up on the rest if you have to make that choice.  Nobody needs a gas card and that is not a mainstream bank.  Obviously try to keep up, but the gas car should be lowest priority in my opinion.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.