cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate information on MyFICO report, Moderators please help.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inaccurate information on MyFICO report, Moderators please help.

MyFICO report says that I have a missed payment. See below:

1. You've recently been paying your bills on time.

Your most recent late payment happened
    5 Years, 11 Months agoMost FICO High Achievers
    [?], about 93%, have no missed payments at all. But of those who do have a missed payment, it happened nearly 4 years ago, on average.

1. While you have missed payments in the past, you have recently been paying your bills on time, which has helped your FICO score. Staying current with your bills will continue to help your score.

However, I don't have any missed payments. I have gone back and looked into each of my accounts on the details section and none show a late payment. So, how do I get this inaccurate information removed from myFICO report? It must be affecting my score.

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Inaccurate information on MyFICO report, Moderators please help.

FICO counts some things that are not late payments as late payments.

For instance, FICO counts this as a late payment

~a student loan account that was paid and closed in October 2006.  The account shows a notation that it is a collection account as of 5/07 and as of 6/08 (both times when I disputed something about the account, incidentally).  FICO counts that collection notation as a late payment.

It has to do with how a notation is coded by the CRAs, and then how FICO reads the info they buy from the CRAs.

Do you have anything like that?

Message 2 of 5
cc29
New Contributor

That happened to me with my Equifax report.  On the Equifax site, the notations are CA and CO.  On MyFico, they show up as "120 days late".  So frustrating.  I disputed those before I figured out what was going on.
FICO SCORES: EQ 741
TU 692
EXPERIAN FAKO 746
Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Any time a baddie updates, as mentioned, FICO reads it as a recent late. Specifically, the status goes from an older date to a newer date and that causes the change.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do have a baddie on this report that's due to fall-off in 02/2010. Although technically incorrect, it's stating that the DOLA as 08/2003 so that explains why it's reporting the way it is.

Thanks for all of the replies.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.