Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Payment History

tag
nickanddaniel
New Visitor

Incorrect Payment History

Several of my medical past due bills (Although incurred at different times) have a 120 days late on July 2011 whereas they are keyed as OK on June 2011 and prior.  What's strange is that I have never made payments on any of them.  The incorrect payment history is keeping them on my report which explains why Equifax has many more negatives than the other 2 credit bureaus.  Can they be removed?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Incorrect Payment History

The crditor is not required to report all delinquencies.  Reporting of a 120-late absent prior reporting of lower levels of delinquency does not make that reporting inaccurate.

If the account was 120 late at that time, the reporting would be accurate.

You can dispute any inaccuracy with sufficient cause.  Unless the account was never delinquent, a dispute might result in their review of the account, and reporting additional delinquencies.

Message 2 of 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Incorrect Payment History

I'd make the argument that it's reporting correctly because it's still a collection regardless of where the late is placed . Besides, the late doesn't matter anyway. If removed, it'll still be viewed and scored as a collection and removing the lates wouldn't help your credit. There is nothing you can do to improve the reporting of a CA unless you can get it deleted.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.