Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect date

tag
Muff
Regular Contributor

Incorrect date

I have reached out to midland in reference to a t mobile account. After speaking to Tmobile directly they agreed the account 6 years old, but midland gas it on my CR as opened 2012.., can anyone tell me why? The rest of the dates on my CR match us but I did not open this account in 2012 it was 2008. I never thought to question the date, but I was disputing it due to tmobile closing the account due to the bad reception we were receiving in our area. Is there a reason why they have this date wrong?

EQ 618
TU 627
EX ?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Incorrect date

"Opened" date from a CA is meaningless. Thats just the date they either bought or were assigned the account.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

And are you aware of the recent FTC action against Tmobile for cramming?

Message 3 of 10
Muff
Regular Contributor

Ok thank you, yes I did receive a link about it. I have submitted a claim just waiting for a response 

EQ 618
TU 627
EX ?
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Use that FTC action against midland as leverage to get the account deleted. Others have reported success doing that.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

^^^^^^^^^^^ +1. It does work.

Message 6 of 10
Muff
Regular Contributor

Thanks!!!

EQ 618
TU 627
EX ?
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only date that matters is the original date your acct went into collections. They date they have is the one when they took over the debt.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most credit reports don't list date of delinquency . You have to getthe legit free annual report to see the estimated date of removal or the equifax report which actually lists the original  date of 1st delinquency .

Message 9 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The relevant date controlling exclusion of the collection is the date of first delinquency on the OC account, not the date it first went into collection.

As stated, date opened for a collection is the date they received collection authority.

It is irrelevant to credit reporting other than afixing that any reported DOFD on the OC account must precede that date.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.