cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase- 569 to 633…???How? Why? b/c of disputes?

tag
HigherFico
Regular Contributor

Increase- 569 to 633…???How? Why? b/c of disputes?

My score jumped from 569 to 633...I was pleasantly surprised but I have no idea why this happened. I know that I disputed this account. Could this be why?

When I  look at the previously reported and the newly reported (the alert)  I don't see a difference. I did see that the it said that change could have been due to my heavy use of revolving credit and I paid a little more down than usual on my card. But then I looked at my credit report that I pulled in January and the balance is the same. So the only think I can think of is the dispute with this account. Can disputes increase your credit score? I haven't done anything else to this account.

If disputes do increase your score does that mean the score will go back to what it was prior to the dispute?

By the way this is  my capital one account...

Starting Score: 520
Current Score: 627
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Increase- 569 to 633…???How? Why? b/c of disputes?

When you dispute an OC account, certain aspects of that account are removed from scoring.  That is more than likely the reason for the bump.  Once resolved, depending on the outcome, it will go back to pre-dispute or could go up or down.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.