Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase available credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Increase available credit?

First I want to thank everyone here for all your help. In 2010 my score was in the high 500s...today it is 732 TU/ 750 EQ. It is only through the help of this site that I was given the tools to accomplish this. My issue now is that I feel I need to show more credit as all i have is a secured card for $500 that i pay off every month. Question is what would be an acceptable limit to ask for? I do not plan on using it on things other than what I can pay off completely each month. Probably a stupid question but it shows you I have avoided cards for years. Again thanks for everyone's help.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Increase available credit?

A higher CL doesn't mean a higher FICO. It's how you utilize the CL that counts. Under a manual review, if your goal is higher CLs, then it might be beneficial because higher CLs begat higher CLs. A higher CL is easier to manage too. I'd say that if you aren't applying for anything major in the future, and you don't want to tie up cash by adding more to a secured product, then consider a new CC at a CU somewhere. I don't think you'd have any trouble.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.