Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase in Score

tag
scubaqueen
Valued Member

Increase in Score

I listen to the fourmiees and didn't go over 30 percent on my credit card;  I went up by 25 points on experian, 17 points on equifax and 3 points on transunion but still waiting on a update. I'm so excited just to see decreasing the utilization will bring my score up.  Now I must continue the practice and remove the baddies (14 of those boogies). Thank you Fourmiees!!! Plus I have two new credit cards that aren't reporting yet. 

Starting Score: 379
Current Score: 568
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Increase in Score

Congrats!  Keep it up!

Interesting that TU hasn't gone up that high.  I've recently paid my balances down significantly and my TU has only gone up by 4 points as well.  Then again, not all of my balances are reporting yet; according to my daily EX pull, I'm still at 49% utilization, when in reality, that number is closer to 19%

Message 2 of 8
scubaqueen
Valued Member

Thanks I know its little but my uncaring past demeanor lead me to having horrible credit.  I'm looking forward to buying a newer home in a few years.  I still have a long way to go!!!! A little progress is still progress that I have made!!!  My utilization is around 38 percent which include two credit cards that are charge off and reporting a balance.  I'm trying to get comenity bank to pfd those. Thanks for the positivity.

Message 3 of 8
abbafan
Regular Contributor

@scubaqueen wrote:

I listen to the fourmiees and didn't go over 30 percent on my credit card;  I went up by 25 points on experian, 17 points on equifax and 3 points on transunion but still waiting on a update. I'm so excited just to see decreasing the utilization will bring my score up.  Now I must continue the practice and remove the baddies (14 of those boogies). Thank you Fourmiees!!! Plus I have two new credit cards that aren't reporting yet. 

Great. I recently got both of my Cap1 QS credit limits increased by $1k each, plus I paid one of them in full which has resulted in a 12point increase in TU,18point on Equifax, and some on Experian. On top of that, a collection account fell off on TU and a personal loan is set to fall off from TU next month (can't wait). What's keeping me down are my CO's and I'm not sure how to handle them.

Discover IT $15500, Barclay Rewards $12380, Barclay Ring $13000, Cap1 Savor $7250, Chase Freedom Unlimited $9000, Best Buy Visa $12000 , Bethpage Low Rate MC - $9000, Bethpage LOC - $15000, CITI Double Cash - $21000
EQ 783
TU 798
EX 767
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Keep up the awesome work Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 8
scubaqueen
Valued Member

thanks, I see your scores did a tremendous jump? Any suggestions? Congrats to you also

Message 6 of 8
taj_laneal
New Contributor

Congrats!  Apparently TU is a jerk.  My other scores are 670 and 656, but my TU score is only 602.  And that's the one creditors keep pulling fromSmiley Sad

Starting Score: 09/14 EQ 596 TU 587 EX 588
Current Score: 11/14 EQ 670
TU 602 (CK VantageScore 688)
EX 656

Goal Score: 700

Message 7 of 8
joedtx
Valued Contributor

Keep it going it will keep going up.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.