Frequent Contributor
payingoffdebt001

Increase!

Centerpoint Energy came off of TU report finally!  Nice increase for me and TU WUZ my lowest score, not anymore!  This was a new account that showed up in February, I paid it off after it went to collections but I GW letter and it immediately came off EX & EQ but TU was taking forever so i sent them a Dispute via mail with my letter from OC saying I owed no balance  & they were deleting from all 3 CRA's. 

600's here I come!

Established Member
Shellemilyrose

Re: Increase!

Congratulations, it gives me hope!

Starting Score: 487
Current Score: Equifax: 539
Experian: 567
Transunion: 584

Overall Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
Tooliebell

Awesome!  How old was your account?

I just had 3 accounts deleted and my score went down, so I am glad you are seeing an increase!

Frequent Contributor
payingoffdebt001

[ Edited ]

It wasnt very old (2011) so that could be the reason for the nice increase.  I did use the simulator and it predicted an increase.  On another account I have that I can have removed becuase I dont think its mine, well the simultor showed I'd get a decrease in points so I've just left it alone for now. But I think that has to do with the age of the account, it was opened in 2004 and if I delete it then it changes my credit age average or whatever that's called.

I use a simulator before deleting any accounts, but if its a collection I'd like to get those removed unless they are about to fall off.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}