Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increasing My Fico

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Increasing My Fico

Hi everyone. I am a nubie and just signed up for this service and have a couple questions. First, I have zero debt ...no credit cards, loans, nada ..and only a 5 year credit history! I am trying to get a line of credit from Chase Bank for my businesss  but they want to see at least 640 FICO. According to myFICO I have a 589 Equifax score and TU hasnt scorred me yet?

Anyway, I have 2 dings on my credit.

#1) 30-day late with a Chase (WAMU) credit card that was closed in 09

#2) Cox cable bill from 08 that actually went to collection but was paid

My problem is that neither of these was reall my fault and I was hoping someone my be able to help me get these removed! As for the 3-day late on the credit card..I was traveling in Central America and new I would not be around or have internet access to make payment ..nor did I want to deal with it so I set the auto payment. The card was already closed, for some reason, by WAMU so I couldnt use it and just needed to pay it off. I set up several monthly payments that would automatically make several monthly payments until the account was paid off but when I returned I noticed the piece-of crap didnt work and the first payment was late 30 days! I called the bank right away and explained this 2 them and made a phone payment but it still went on my credit! There was never late payment before or after that one payment!

As for the cox cable thing, I have lived now in Costa Rica for the past 8 years and was surprised to see a cable bill in collection from 08. When I called cox cable about this they brought up the account and after I explained to them it was not possible to have this on my credit they mentioned my mothers name. I had completely forgotten that I sublet my apartment to my mother for a couple years and that she was paying the bill. She swears up and down that she paid it but she used and old Amex card to do it but the account has been closed for at least 1 year and there is no record. I know the account was in my name and I am ultimately responsible for the account. But they know very well that I Mod Cut! had not been paying on the account for years and that my mother was an authorized person and she had been making payments with her credit card ..

Any feedback on these issued is greatly aaaapreciated ;-)

Thank You,

Mod Cut!

Welcome to the forums, k9byron!!!! I edited out your name in this post. In the future, please do not share your personal information or that of others in the forums. This is to ensure privacy.

Thank you for your understanding!!!!

--fused, myfico moderator 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Increasing My Fico

Hi and welcome to the forums,

Look into sending GW letters to  Chase (WAMU) and Cox cable, to try and have these neg items removed.

You can find this info in the Freq Req Threads, there is also a sample GW letter there too.

You may use the link below if you wish.

Good Luck to you!!  Smiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.