Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increasing Score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Increasing Score

Doing what everyone else is with the recent 8000 tax credit eager for home purchase .  Score does not qualify, have paid most items listed as charge off, and collection accts except (1) medical, which I am currently making payments and a CA (West Asset Mgmt/Worldwide Asset) purchased from CO, reflecting much higher amount than amt charged off.  Also they have filed this in court, but not served papers as of yet.  Should I pay this before court?  Only item on the CR is a student loan in good standing, I have applied for a secured CC in an effort to boost the score.  What else can I do?

April 09

EQ 588

EX  581

TU  633

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Increasing Score

Well something is happening score increase eq 600, slowly but surely. 
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

on the CO's i would start to look for the names/addresses/fax numbers or emails of the CEO or a higher up in the company and mail/fax them GW letters to see if you can get the things removed from your CRs. Paid CO and Unpaid CO both hurt you.. as far as the debt that is about to go to court.. i would try n haggle them and settle before it goes to court for as little as possible, maybe 40-50 cents on the dollar of the new, higher amount..

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have sent a DV letter CRRRM to the one requesting judgement, once I receive I will arrange to settle with hopefully a PFD.
Message 4 of 9
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Doing what everyone else is with the recent 8000 tax credit eager for home purchase .  Score does not qualify, have paid most items listed as charge off, and collection accts

except (1) medical, which I am currently making payments

How long until this is paid?  Is it a collection acct?  I have never had Med collections or baddies, but in the HIPAA process, med collections have to be removed when paid.  Someone with more experience can help with that. This might be the one thing, once removed, to bring your score up to par.

and a CA (West Asset Mgmt/Worldwide Asset) purchased from CO, reflecting much higher amount than amt charged off.  Also they have filed this in court, but not served papers as of yet.  Should I pay this before court?  Only item on the CR is a student loan in good standing, I have applied for a secured CC in an effort to boost the score.  What else can I do?

April 09

EQ 588

EX  581

TU  633

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well just sent the final payment, however I had (3) medical collections the other (2) paid when I spoke with a representative about having these items removed, I was informed by law they could not do this it was considered bartering.  Who does know about this HIPPA process thing you mention?.

EQ:588 6/24/09 - 600 7/2/09

EX: 581

TU: 633 6/24/09 - 611 7/4/09

Message 6 of 9
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well just sent the final payment, however I had (3) medical collections the other (2) paid when I spoke with a representative about having these items removed, I was informed by law they could not do this it was considered bartering.  Who does know about this HIPPA process thing you mention?.

EQ:588 6/24/09 - 600 7/2/09

EX: 581

TU: 633 6/24/09 - 611 7/4/09

Check your PM's

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

bump
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I DV'ed CA, CMRR, it was signed for on July 12, 2009.  I sent a message on the website on 8-9-09 and received a call from an attorney, which I stated I have requested DV from CA with no response.  The attorney responded that she did not have this information but would look into it and asked to verify my address, I told her the CA should have this information.  Judging by the call received I know the original CA has contacted the attorney because that is the only way they could have gotten my number.  What is the next step, again this has been filed in court but I have yet to be served.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.