Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increasing line of credit on a Citibank secured credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Increasing line of credit on a Citibank secured credit card

I am trying to increase my credit limit from 200 to 600 dollars in my Citibank secured credit card because I am trying to rent a minivan for vacation and you have to have a credit card to use when picking up the car that they put a hold until you return it. I called customer service for my secured card and they said I would have to go to a location and make a deposit to increase my credit line. The problem is I cannot find a location besides an ATM within 50 miles of me. Am I able to do this on an ATM?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Increasing line of credit on a Citibank secured credit card

@Anonymous wrote:
I am trying to increase my credit limit from 200 to 600 dollars in my Citibank secured credit card because I am trying to rent a minivan for vacation and you have to have a credit card to use when picking up the car that they put a hold until you return it. I called customer service for my secured card and they said I would have to go to a location and make a deposit to increase my credit line. The problem is I cannot find a location besides an ATM within 50 miles of me. Am I able to do this on an ATM?

No, you can't.

It sounds like this just isn't an option for you. Can you get another secured card instead, like Disco, Cap1, or BoA?

Message 2 of 3
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Increasing line of credit on a Citibank secured credit card

what are your current scores, and what other cards do you have? Whats your current util?? Lets try to get you a card....
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.