Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indigo approval, no HP showing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Indigo approval, no HP showing

I received an email congratulating me on approval of the new Indigo card last week, stating that I’d be receiving my card within 7-14 days. I must have applied for it (before reading up about it on here!) but don’t recall receiving an approval at the time.

Anyways.. the card came today and terms stated $59 AF, only if I activate the card etc.
Checked my 3B reports and don’t see a HP at all. Wonder if it’ll appear IF I activate the card? Has anyone else have this happen? Is it a way to lure you in?

Tried to follow the “700 in 24 months” plan but have hit several road blocks in terms of timeline since Cap1, Discover, Barclays, etc denied me...
Unfortuantely, i burned most of the prime lenders (cap1, discover, BofA, Chase, Citi, Barclays) so I haven’t been able to get approved for a secured card with them. Discover and Cap1 only soft pull, thank goodness. And I didn’t even bother with chase/citi based on posts. I did try BofA several months ago (I bank with them) and they HP Equifax - denied.

Currently am 8 months in with Credit One ($400CL- denied for increase after 6 mo) and 8 months with Self Lender ($550 loan). Just got approved yesterday for Ollo MC ($1,500CL) and now Indigo, should I choose to accept.

I was hoping to close my Credit One at 12 months before the AF, but worried that i haven’t established enough time with better cards along the way. With that said, since I already have a subprime card I think I should dump Indigo and maybe app for a secured card with a CU, yes?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Indigo approval, no HP showing

Many established people on here have recommended getting in w credit union. I looked into getting an Indigo card too but read so many bad reviews about it that I was very iffy about getting it. And just like you said, the hard pull. I didn't want a HP on my report for a credit card that everyone online was warning people about. I think that's why I went with the OpenSkty card at the time. It's a GREAT starter card as well (secured though) and no HP . But yes, my others...the HP eventually showed up. It was delayed with me. I wasn't alerted instantly.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your input, Donna71281 Smiley Happy I will file the inactivated Indigo card away and keep an eye on my reports. I wasn’t sure about OpenSky, but will look into it further since it’s no HP! Otherwise I’ll wait a few more months to see if Cap1 will let me back in. It’s been a year since I filed BK7 but may have to wait till my discharge date (end of May).
Message 3 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Have you ordered a copy of your credit report from annualcreditreport.com?

That site is the government approved site for providing consumers their fee annual disclosure, and can be definitiion show credit inquiries that are restricted only to showing in reports provided to the named consumer (i.e., soft pulls).

If they coded the inquiry as soft, you should see it there.....

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi RobertEG,
I think I pulled my free report last August so I think I have to wait. Are there any other places to see soft pulls?
Message 5 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You can order a report directly from the CRA.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it. Thanks!
Message 7 of 10
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Imho I got this card when I was rebuilding and they will never ever increase the 300 limit. I decided that I didn't want this card any longer and cancelled. I have a few other cards with better limits and No AFs.
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your input, Jnbnom. For a card that never increases, along with the high AF, I think I’m going to pass!
Message 9 of 10
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

You are welcome. You have other tradelines and this card never goes anywhere. Good luck with you credit journey.
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.