Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info needed to help with collections

tag
polno1234
Contributor

Info needed to help with collections

Ok so i have been perusing around here of and on for the past 2 years. I have just recently begun posting and have noticed a trend. Alot of posts are very vague. Itis really hard to help when there is nothing to go on. I know i want my credit to improve in the quickest way possible with the least complications. i hope that you want the same.

A post that says " help needed" "should i try a PFD letter?". it is to vague. is it your account? how old is the account? have you DV'd them the list goes on and on. If you dont start with the right info in the first place we could put you down the wrong path or the correct path months later after extracting that one piece of your story that wasn't said in the begining.

A note about honesty.again it is hard to help when we don't know if this is your debt. A total different approach is taken and different rules apply for an account that isnt yours on your credit report. if it is your debt.... own it. it is easier to see exactly where you are and also easier to give advice on it. there are consequences when you aren't honest. say you have 20k in debt on one card that is with a CA its 4 years old and you got the debt while living in missouri and moved to kansas.  you make a post that says " i have a CA on my report that is 20k. i don't know whos it is and i would like to get rid of it because im trying to buy a house." so someone on here says send them a dv letter. you do  you get no response. you post again " i got no response from dv letter within thirty days" someone on here says " well then dispute with all three CRA's" you do and 45 days later it comes back valid. "ok well file a complaint with ftc" while you are awaiting ftc response you get served papers from lawfirm representing the CA. you go into court with all your papers and knowing what the law says because ppl on here pointed to the statutes that they thought applied. you walk out of court with wage garnishments and owing court fees as well. how did this happen? you were not honest and opened your own can of worms. when you sent the dv the ca got your new address. they had sent you a dunning notice a year ago and you didnt respond so now they dont have to send you validation. you didnt tell us you got the debt CO in missouri where the SOL is five years not 3 in kansas where you now live.so they sued and won.

so i propose we make a list of pertinent info that we need to help you. its late and i will edit this some more tmw. feel free to post suggestions on what should be on this list to help us get you started on your way to getting this done right.

Current MERRICK SECURED-$200 EMBLEM MC-$250 EXPRESS NEXT-$350
In the garden till 10/9/14
Fico 8 start 02/15/13 488
Current TU Fico 8 641, EX 734 EQ 740
Goal 650 by 02/15/15
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.