Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Informative Research 1

tag
AndrewAndrewAndrew
Valued Member

Informative Research 1

Hi Everyone,

I began the process in disputing an inquiry that I did not authorize. It was for a mortgage according to MyFico. It is on all my CRs. I first sent the company (Informative Research 1) a letter telling them to remove about a week ago. I got the letter returned yesterday saying it was undeliverable. I sent it to the address listed on all three credit reports. Should make a copy of the letter and send it to the CBs? If so, wat would be best: email, fax, mail, or phone?

Andrew

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
newstart2010
Blogger

Re: Informative Research 1

Have you disputed the inquiry with the CRA's?  If not, I would send them a letter Return Receipt Requested showing them your letter, and that it came back undeliverable to the address they list on your report, and that you in no way authorized this inquiry.  They should remove it.
I live my life like I type, fast and with a lot of mistakes.
Spacebar broken. Watch for finger.

02/04/2015 || TU 08: 728 EX 08: 709 EQ 08: 748

Message 2 of 10
AndrewAndrewAndrew
Valued Member

Thanks. I have not disputed it. I just prepared everything an I am going to send it off right now.
Message 3 of 10
newstart2010
Blogger

GOOD LUCK!!!!
I live my life like I type, fast and with a lot of mistakes.
Spacebar broken. Watch for finger.

02/04/2015 || TU 08: 728 EX 08: 709 EQ 08: 748

Message 4 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

OP, have you applied for a mortgage recently?
Message 5 of 10
AndrewAndrewAndrew
Valued Member

Never. That's why I want it removed.
Message 6 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Looks like they lay the report foundation for various lenders for new and existing credit. It is disputable as mentioned. If you dispute it, you might end up with a fraud alert on your CR. This is actually a good thing. If there's a protential for ID theft from that inquiry, then a FA would prevent future inquiries. It's a pain in the rear end but may be worth it. Also, take time to opt out with each CRA.
Message 7 of 10
AndrewAndrewAndrew
Valued Member

Opt out??? Wouldn't that affect me? Then I will not get credit anywhere? What exactly do you mean by opt out and how do I do that?
Message 8 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Opt out wouldn't slow your application process any. A FA would. It just means that the lender or CCC would have to take an extra step to verify info about you to make sure you are who you say you are. Opting out won't slow the application process any. It just means that the CRAs, once you opt out, can't sell your info to CCCs, lenders, CAs, or others.

This might be the link, but you'd want to confirm. It's been posted several times in here.

https://www.optoutprescreen.com/?rf=t

Message 9 of 10
AndrewAndrewAndrew
Valued Member

Cool! Thanks a lot for the info!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.