cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initiating PFD/GW...written, by phone, or email?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Initiating PFD/GW...written, by phone, or email?

After pulling my reports a few days I see some things on there that I can take care of right away. I am considering contacting them to inquire about PFD's. Should this be done by phone or letter/email? I know that I need to get THEM to commit to the PFD in writing prior to me sending them payment.

Should my initial contact be via phone or letter? The reason I ask is that I am currently working in Afghanistan and for me to mail a letter back to the states would take at least 2 weeks and I doubt very seriously that they would be willing to mail anything back to me at an FPO address on a military base in the middle of a war zone!

Also, if they refuse to do a PFD and I subsequently refuse to send payment, does that re-age the account or SOL?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Initiating PFD/GW...written, by phone, or email?

Welcome to the forums,

Since you are in the military, I would think it's ok to call or email first.

There is a thing  called tolling SOL in some states. Tolling is where the clock stops the SOL and picks back up again when you return back again to that same state. I am not too familiar with some things in the military, but I've heard of some serviceman and women go to the JAG office to receive help with financial problems. I really dont know.

There are many military people here on this forum. You may want to edit your subject line to ( Military serviceman needs help with PFD/GW's) or something like it,to get the attention of other military serviceman and women who are/were in the same situation.

So here's a bump up to the top, maybe others will have answers to your questions.

Thank you for your service and Good Luck to you. Be safe and come home soon.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Initiating PFD/GW...written, by phone, or email?

I'm not in the military. I'm a contractor doing IT support for the military, though.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.