cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Innovis....let Sleeping Dogs lie or not?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Innovis....let Sleeping Dogs lie or not?

I've only seen Innovis mentioned very rarely and I don't know if any mortgage lenders use it or not. Should I call and order the report on Monday or just let it slide? I want to make sure to have everything clean that needs to be but I also don't want to trigger calls from CRAS that might be on there. Then again, if they're on there, isn't it likely that they're on one of the big 3 reports also?

Karen
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Innovis....let Sleeping Dogs lie or not?

It wouldn't hurt to order it, I suppose. I never ordered it, but I do include Innovis on any GWs or PFDs in addition to the big 3. At least 2 CAs I fought advertised that they report to Innovis.
Message 2 of 15
smallfry
Senior Contributor

I got my Innovis report last year. An absolute joke. Next to nothing was on it.
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

TY both of you! That makes me feel a little better. I may buy it just for fun but I won't worry too much about it then.
Message 4 of 15
Erica1
Regular Contributor

Kareninaz wrote:
I've only seen Innovis mentioned very rarely and I don't know if any mortgage lenders use it or not. Should I call and order the report on Monday or just let it slide? I want to make sure to have everything clean that needs to be but I also don't want to trigger calls from CRAS that might be on there. Then again, if they're on there, isn't it likely that they're on one of the big 3 reports also?

Karen

Innovis?  Maybe I'm more clueless than I thought about my credit...I've never heard of this.  Is it a 4th CRA?  From the other posts it sounds like it doesn't really matter, but I'd like to know what it is at least...
2/22/13: TU-716, EX-702, 4/24: EQ-749
2/20/14: TU-695, EQ-671
Goal: mid-700's
Message 5 of 15
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Erica1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Karen

Innovis? Maybe I'm more clueless than I thought about my credit...I've never heard of this. Is it a 4th CRA? From the other posts it sounds like it doesn't really matter, but I'd like to know what it is at least...

Correct. Innovis is the mysterious fourth CRA sometimes mentioned.

OP - I'm not sure if I would bother personally. It definitely won't hurt to order it, but, in the close to a year I've been here, I've never seen anyone ever post about having their Innovis report pulled, hard or soft. Ever.

Not to say it can't happen though.
Here we go again...
Message 6 of 15
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
TY both of you! That makes me feel a little better. I may buy it just for fun but I won't worry too much about it then.

Its free don't buy it.
Message 7 of 15
cl5776
New Contributor

I heard some rumors about a fourth Credit Bureau so I went online and, sure enough, Innovis popped up. I went onto their website (pretty pathetic) and went to the Site Map. In the Site Map, there is a link to "order" a copy of one's credit report. Only a handful of states (including mine thankful) do not incur a charge for the first report. Here is the url to learn more about the fees:

https://www.innovis.com/InnovisWeb/fees.html

Like everyone has said, Innovis is really nothing to be concerned about but I am going to request my report just to be on the safe side.

Message 8 of 15
ralbusta
Frequent Contributor

For what its worth: I just got a pre-approved letter to go back to 1st Premier(yeah right). They made it a point to state that they report to 4 bureaus. In the terms the mention Inovis by name so ...just an fyi.
Message 9 of 15
cl5776
New Contributor

I just got my Innovis credit report. There are two line entries, one of which is something that I paid last week. As SmallFry mentioned, really nothing at all; however, companies DO report to Innovis so it is a very good idea to check the report, just to make sure. 

According to their website, if you leave in Colorado, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, or Vermont, the first report in any twelve month period is free. Georgia gets two free reports per year. All other states cost money.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.