Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input, should I pull the trigger?

tag
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Input, should I pull the trigger?

Alright, so as many of you know, I have a Verizon collection that I've been fighting. I filed a BBB complaint due to a bunch of tacked on charges here and there as well as a 623 dispute (they never replied to), the debt is within SOL for another 6 months according to the Federal wireless SOL of 2 years. Anyways I got a reply to the BBB dispute a week or so ago that includes a PDF of Verizon's letterhead stating the debt stands at full, but upon payment they would update the status to "paid", it doesn't state "paid collection" but just "paid". Which is just a neutral comment and the collection would no longer affect me as it has no late pays showing aside from 1-90 day on EX. My question is, if I was to pay and they actually updated it to a "paid collection", would that letter be enough to get it turned around?
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Re: Input, should I pull the trigger?

I've read through posts and seen where people say even if it is coded "paid" and not paid collection, FICO will still score it as a collection. How is this if there's no indicators that it is a collection? No lates no remarks status will say Paid.
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 2 of 10
CBrent
New Contributor

For what it's worth, I have a paid medical collections on my report that reads 'paid' on my Equifax report, while the other two state it was a paid collection. It's listed under collections on all three reports.  

Message 3 of 10
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

My Verizon account isn't listed under collections, it's under revolving debt.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it showing as a charge off?

Message 5 of 10
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

No as open
Message 6 of 10
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Looks like this:

Company: Verizon Wireless
Loan Type: Unknown
Acct # xxxxxxx
Account holder: Individual
Date Opened: Jul 2012
Status Date: Dec 2014
Condition: Open
Last Activity: May 2013EQ blank on TU and EX
Balance: $1164
Status: Collection Account *said they will change this to "paid"
Late: 0 timesEQ and TU, 1-90 day EX
Remarks: account disputed by consumer
Message 7 of 10
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Any advice?
Message 8 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@cartwrna wrote:
Alright, so as many of you know, I have a Verizon collection that I've been fighting. I filed a BBB complaint due to a bunch of tacked on charges here and there as well as a 623 dispute (they never replied to), the debt is within SOL for another 6 months according to the Federal wireless SOL of 2 years. Anyways I got a reply to the BBB dispute a week or so ago that includes a PDF of Verizon's letterhead stating the debt stands at full, but upon payment they would update the status to "paid", it doesn't state "paid collection" but just "paid". Which is just a neutral comment and the collection would no longer affect me as it has no late pays showing aside from 1-90 day on EX. My question is, if I was to pay and they actually updated it to a "paid collection", would that letter be enough to get it turned around?

The 2 year SOL you are referring to applies only to billing between carriers, the written contract SOL applies to all end user telecom bills. Verizon is the OC not a CA so all they can do is report that they sent it to collections and then report the account as paid once it actually is, they would not put "paid collection".

Message 9 of 10
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

By report that it went to collections, where would this be at gdale6? Nowhere on the trade line does it show as a collection once I pay and it updates to "paid", it's in the revolving debt section, not the collections section of credit reports.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.