Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiries???

tag
EDub357
Frequent Contributor

Inquiries???

I had several unauthorized inquiries into my credit and I have disputed them and placed a fraud alert on my credit.  Do the CRA actually investigate the inquiries? And how much will they decrease your score?  Excessive inquiries look bad to creditors and they deny based on that.  Does anyone know of a lender that will overlook the inquiries and finance a vehicle for me?  In desperate need of a new car but can't get approval.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Inquiries???

EDub, whether or not the CRAs will actually investigate is up for debate. I will find out soon though, as I recently had an unauthorized INQ on EQ that I am disputing as well as writing an ITS letter to the Non PP puller. In actuality, the pull did not hurt my score one point, but it's the principle of the matter.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax was very kind to me about removing inquiries. I had several inquiries on my CR from the same CO, I had only authorizd one. They removed them very quickly.
Message 3 of 6
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Guest, I hope that they are as kind to me about it. I really don't have the time to chase this around any further, and I have already spent too much time with it (just investigating it).

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
Chanduwar
Frequent Contributor

Equifax refused to remove the 11 odd inquires I had, all from CA's. I will be writing to these agencies for removal.

Message Edited by Chanduwar on 06-02-2008 09:17 AM
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

ByrdMan, I disputed them via mail and they removed a total of 5 for me within 1 week, without question asked. They are pretty good about it. Hope they do it for you also. Good Luck.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.