Not applicable

Inquiries

HOW DO I GET THESE REMOVED

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Inquiries

You don't. Unless you can show that the inquiry was done without your permission.

Just leave them. They will lose their impact over time and drop off after two years.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 13 and my scores according to this site are EF IS 644 TU 734 EX IS 623 I only have a car loan from your experience when can I apply for something I'm scared to get another.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well that depends what you're looking to apply for. If we're talking credit cards, different companies have different opinions of inquiries--some are more tolerant than others. Capital One, for example is more leniant about inquiries.

I currently have 24 inquiries across all three bureaus and recently got some great cards. It just depends on the rest of your profile. I should mention I'm gardening for awhile to let those inquiries drop off though.

How many of those inquiries are from the last 12 months? Are any of them from your auto loan?

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

7 most from the car loan. Chase took me on because I bank with them for my business. I'm just trying to get it together!!!!

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If those 7 for the car loan are on the same day, they'll  only count as 1 inquiry. So thats good news. 

If youre in the market for a card, Id suggest Capital On . Theyre prequalify tool is really reliable. You could try it and see if you have any preapprovals. If you do, go for it. 

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been getting them in the mail left and right I should go for them? I've never been such a scary cat lol!

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

On capital one it says couldn't find a match but based on my answers it recommended some now I'm lost was that an inquiry?

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you have a shot! I'd check out their prequal tool first:

https://findmycard.capitalone.com/en/PageVersions/LandingPages/LP_UNS_QUICK_RWD_V01.aspx

Doing the prequal tool won't be an inquiry and doesn't hurt your credit. If it comes up with an offer(s) then you've got like a 97% chance you'll be approved.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It didn't give me an approval said they will contact meSmiley Frustrated

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.