Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiries

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inquiries

My wife went on making inquiries for a credit and applied for like 5 different ones. After being accepted by only one she stopped. Now im stuck with my reports showing that ive had 8 inquiries this year alone. Is there way to remove them or to make them soft?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
jackg
Established Contributor

Re: Inquiries

Probably not, but for the future tell your wife to apply for her own credit, she doesn't have your permission to use your SS#. I say this knowing full well that ever female on this forum will attack me for a multitude of reasons but, I have gone thru CH 7 BK because of my wife's irresponsible use of CC's, using my name & SS#, and hiding them from me.
FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 2 of 10
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Chick here...no attack from me!  ANY one who applies for credit "for" someone else needs to be jailed over the entirre summer.

At least.

YOUR credit is not HERS.  Period!!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 10
IOBA
Senior Contributor

This gal has had her name and ssn used by an x so he could get "joint" credit.  Naturally, I knew NOTHING about it.  I didn't even get my cc cuz it went to HIS address!  I learned about it within 6 months by pulling my credit.  He still has the credit card, fully maxed out.  I still have it on my credit report with 100% utilization!  (Dang him!)

So I have NO problem with you laying down the law with your wife!

Also, opt out on your credit reports.  Put a fraud alert on them.  That will stop (hopefully) further inquiries/damage. 

Message 4 of 10
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@IOBA wrote:

This gal has had her name and ssn used by an x so he could get "joint" credit.  Naturally, I knew NOTHING about it.  I didn't even get my cc cuz it went to HIS address!  I learned about it within 6 months by pulling my credit.  He still has the credit card, fully maxed out.  I still have it on my credit report with 100% utilization!  (Dang him!)

So I have NO problem with you laying down the law with your wife!

Also, opt out on your credit reports.  Put a fraud alert on them.  That will stop (hopefully) further inquiries/damage. 

OMG!!!!  I'd be suing him....today!!!!  (ok, well, maybe Monday since today is Sat.)  That is ILLEGAL!  He's due to sit in the cell for a while too!

I'd definitely report him....seriously!  Smiley Surprised

Message 5 of 10
IOBA
Senior Contributor

I was trying to nice & clear it up on my own.   He's got an evil temper & a malicious streak.  Can't get a restraining order cuz can't prove life in danger.  I try to stay of his radar.  He always finds where I live though.

I go file a police report Monday.  Smiley Sad   

Message Edited by IOBA on 10-17-2009 07:22 PM
Message 6 of 10
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@IOBA wrote:

I was trying to nice & clear it up on my own.   He's got an evil temper & a malicious streak.  Can't get a restraining order cuz can't prove life in danger.  I try to stay of his radar.  He always finds where I live though.

I go file a police report Monday.  Smiley Sad   

YES....do not let him intimidate you!  I know that's easy to say, but as was mentioned before, put a fraud alert on your CR & go to the police & file a fraud charge.  He got a card in YOUR name and that is a ...I believe...Felony!  He does this because he thinks you're weak & won't do anything.

Do you live with anyone?  Roommates, BF, anyone?  Populated neighborhood?  Let those close to you know what is going on.  Ask them to keep on the lookout.  Give them his photo (still have one?)  Arm your self with a support system, even if it's only a dozen extra watchful eyes.

I'd do it if a neighbor asked me.  Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jackg wrote:
Probably not, but for the future tell your wife to apply for her own credit, she doesn't have your permission to use your SS#. I say this knowing full well that ever female on this forum will attack me for a multitude of reasons but, I have gone thru CH 7 BK because of my wife's irresponsible use of CC's, using my name & SS#, and hiding them from me.

Female here.  IMHO - I would have a direct conversation with spouse about the necessity of applying for her own credit - and strongly consider putting that credit freeze on his accounts.  Also close existing accounts if they are tied to his name unless he authorized (and continues to approve) them specifically.  To me, finance lines can only be as open as communication lines between the people involved.  Never ever ever would I personally find this acceptable.  In any way.  BTW - we're a single income household - I app in my own name and my own ss Only.  Always.

Hope OP is monitoring CR's.  Hope OP's spouse is willing to learn the importance of app'ing for self only & of discussing finances completely and openly in a marriage.  jackg has made the perfect point on this one (aside from his unfortunate female comment - no hard feelings jackg - your wife's behavior is not representative of the sex - just representative of bad financial/marital behavior).  OP can't fix this one - but he can prevent it from happening again.  And he can bring a new understanding of family finances into his marriage.

(I'm ranting a little, aren't I?...............................)  **Exhale**

Message 8 of 10
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Not much you can do about the INQ's. Was the one new account that was opened joint? If so and you do not want it make sure it is closed right away. Otherwise do what you have to to protect your credit - put a freeze on. Unfortunately people who start down the path of abusing other peoples credit tend to continue doing so. Next time it might not be something as relatively minor as a few INQ's!
Message 9 of 10
jackg
Established Contributor

beamMEup,

Relax, your comment did'nt offend, your comment was spot on. I hope the OP follows all the advice give here to prevent this from recurring.

FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.