Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiries

tag
Amleigh
Regular Contributor

Inquiries

I have 2 inquiries on my TU report, 4 on Equifax, and 12 on Experian. I need to get some of these inquiries removed from Experian, and as everyone knows, EX does not like to remove inquiries. Does anyone have a strategy as to how to get these removed? Thanks in advance.

Starting Score: 467 EQ 514 TU 583 EX
Current Score: 531 EQ 567 TU 601 EX
Goal Score: EQ 742 TU 742 EX 742

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Inquiries

Hi,

What is the reason you need the inquiries removed? 

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 6
Amleigh
Regular Contributor

I need the inquiries removed from Experian because according to CCT, the excessive inquiries are depressing my score

Starting Score: 467 EQ 514 TU 583 EX
Current Score: 531 EQ 567 TU 601 EX
Goal Score: EQ 742 TU 742 EX 742

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Amleigh wrote:
I have 2 inquiries on my TU report, 4 on Equifax, and 12 on Experian. I need to get some of these inquiries removed from Experian, and as everyone knows, EX does not like to remove inquiries. Does anyone have a strategy as to how to get these removed? Thanks in advance.

How old are these inquiries? After 1 year from the date they were posted they will no longer factor into scoring even though they will show for 2 years. If you are not planning on applying for any new credit in the near future I would put those out of my mind.

From a BK years ago to:
7/09 TU-742 EQ- 779
8/09 TU-765 EQ- 783
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802

You can do the same thing with hard work.

Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Everyone always wants any negative item removed, but when it comes to inquiries, it is nearly impossible, and usually a bit of a waste of time.

If you made a legitimate inquiry for credit, the posting of the inquiry to the CRA was legit.  FCRA 604.

So what are the grounds for requesting deletion?  The only legitimate one I can think of is that it was not a permissable inquiry under FCRA 604.

As has been said, inquiires remain in your CR for two years, but are disregarded in FICO scoring after one year.  By the time you go thrrough any dispute process of permissable pull legitimacy, it will already have been deleted from FICO scoring.

CRAs are not responsible for evaluating the reporting of legit inquiries.  Creditors and FICO scoring does.

Message 5 of 6
wynona01
Regular Contributor

I had over 40 inquiries on my Experian Credit report. I called and spoke with a CSR and i had to dispute each one, one by one and what they do is investigate the inquiries like any other account. I ended up getting 30 removed now I only have 10 which is due to fall off sometime this year.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.