Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiry Removal

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inquiry Removal

I have a question about inquiry removal.  I purchased a car in 10/2011 and see that I have inquiries from lenders from that date.  But, for some reason, the car dealership ran my credit again in 6/2012 without my authorization and i got hit with 7 inquiries from different lenders on that date.  I contacted a feww of the lenders telling them it was unauthorized and to provide me proof of the request to pull.  Two of the lenders have emailed me back saying I need to contact the dealership since they sent the electronic application.  I have sent the dealership a letter, but how exactly does this work?  Does the dealership need to contact the lenders and ask for removal?

Thanks for any advice.  This is all pretty new to me and I'm learrning!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
starry1
Valued Contributor

Re: Inquiry Removal

I don't have an answer, I just wanted to say that's messed up.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 2 of 7
shols44
Frequent Contributor

Drive to the dealership. Yell! Ask for the finance manager and yell some more. If they cant fix this instantly, threaten to sue and start telling every one you see on their lot they are criminals and identify thieves. They had no permissible purpose to pull your credit and have broken the law. 

Dont send any letters. Just show up and bust skulls. 

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 754 EQ,TU 745,EX 750
Goal Score: 800

Message 3 of 7
beb86
Valued Contributor

If you did not authorize it you maybe able to dispute it but other than that you may be stuck with the inq's.

Message 4 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

8 months after you purchased the vehicle, the dealership ran your credit again?  OK, this has to be an error.  I wouldn't go down there and yell, but I would go down there and talk to them.  This is unacceptable and a clear violation.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 7
Epcot
Valued Contributor

That is crazy. 7 inquiries after 8 months? Contact the dealership asap. Keep us posted!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 6 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

+1

In order to pull your credit, you must have a current business transaction initiated by you that also involves their legitimate need to evaluate your credit.

They have neither.  Any pending business transaction terminated when you either ceased negotiations or purchased the vehicle, and lack of any current legitimate need to see your credit now is self-evident.

I would do more than just visit them.  I would send a dispute to the CRA, which requires them to verify back to the CRA within 30 days, and if they dont do so, is basis for the CRA to delete as unverified.

A visit compels nothing.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.