cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiry from nearly 2 years ago added to my credit report.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Inquiry from nearly 2 years ago added to my credit report.

@Anonymous wrote:
That's what I'd thought too, but I already got dinged when it moved from unpaid to paid on July 2nd. They'd already been updating every month, so it just refreshed with the paid status as per usual. That was a 3 point drop on July 2nd.

Today was another 5 points. Would they split it up a point decrease between 7 days?

Also with myfico, the way their alerts work, what caused to score change is not always what they indicate was the cause. Often trying to unravel their score changes is like trying to solve the proverbial gordian knot.

If they updated it to paid status on the 2nd, they should not be initiating further updates.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

Ok, well something is changing to give you a different Fico result, the changes may not be obvious to you or easily found (like AAoA, an account hitting a milestone mark, a change in the way a single month is reported in the payment history. You need to remember Fico is a fluid number that is generated on demand by what is in your report in that very instant of time. It can in fact change multi times a day if the right info is updated on your CR by the different lenders you do business with. Ill tell you personally I dont worry about +- 20 points it can drive you nuts if you try to find what causes the small moves.

Yeah, I just feel like the kid in class that got in trouble for nothing. Erg!

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Doesn't look like they did, from what I can tell. My TU usually only budges around the 25th or so, no matter what's changed in my reports. That's why I thought it was weird to see an alert (that wasn't a credit inquiry) or something blatantly new.

TU's monitoring service is refusing to allow for a refresh of score and report when I log in. The link is dead, so getting the info from the supposed source isn't helping.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.