Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiry removal

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Inquiry removal

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm wondering how are they doing this, are you giving up your social for them to do this?  Just wanting to know so that I am not tricked as well - when the time comes to start shopping around? 

It's possible to run a credit check without a SSN being provided.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

More often than not they will ask for your driver's license to test drive a car.  While you're gone they run a credit check.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG, so glad to know this.  I just went to Ford 2 weeks ago and test drove, provided my DL; luckily I can see my reports and they didn't try this with me....so crazy!  Thanks for the heads up.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was car shopping in September and I did give them permission to run my credit. I did not realize that I would end up with 6 different HPs including the dealer itself on my credit report. It seems only Equifax is showing all the hits in the FICO Dashboard. TU and Experian are only reporting the financing company that ultimately got the loan.

Any way to get the extraneous hits off?

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Short answer - maybe.

Long answer - Google is your friend. (not allowed to mention it here)

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, so a short trip to Google says they should be grouped after 45 days as one inquiry. So why the heck is Equifax reporting it as 6 different inquiries? And creditors can see it, it was a specific reason for being denied a card in January. So what the hell Equifax? Do I call and ask them to group it as the other CRAs are doing?

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.