Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiry

tag
Jpmack29
Regular Contributor

Inquiry

I was wondering does setting up payments on past collections, and paying others off, help increase your credit? Also, I want to pull my free annual credit report, but don't recall if it's its been exactly a year ( close tho) will this effect me badly credit wise. Lastly, I'm in the process of auto shopping, my credit is not the best so I was thinking for theses dealership credit inquiries, it may be better to pull my credit scores myself, and bring them to each dealer I'm interested in. Can they make a decision off that, or do they need to pull it themselves? 

Please forgive any typo's. sent from my ipad. 

Thanks 

Current (8/2015): Equifax 688, Transunion 689, Experian 708
Goal Scores: 700 across the board

Capital One Venture: $5500| Discover it: $4500| American Express Green Card: NPSL| Capital One- QuickSilver: $3000| American Express Everyday Card: $2000| Bank of America- Americard Cash Rewards: $1500 | Barclays Cash Rewards: $1300| Chase Freedom:$1200| Barclays Apple Rewards: $2000
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

Re: Inquiry

Your free annual reports don't include a score I don't believe. 

Message 2 of 3
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Re: Inquiry

While sometimes after paying a collection or charge off account in full, your score will temporarily drop and then it will recover faster. AS far as inquiries, auto dealers are required by HomeLand Security to pull a credit app on you if you finance. Recently, (November last yr) the auto dealer pulled all three on my family even though we had our own financing in place. They face a one million dollar fine and loss of their business license if they don't and a name is on the "watch list". As far as multiple credit pulls for an auto purchase, if the deal is consumated in thirty days or less from first credit pull to purchase, all auto credit pulls count as "one pull" as far as your Fico Score reduction/hit even though multiple checks will show on your report.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.