Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installment Loan Pay Off Early?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Installment Loan Pay Off Early?

I have an Installment Loan with a current balance of $1074 if I pay this off early after the 6 month mark. Would this stay on my credit report for 10-years as a positive Trade Line and do you recommend me continue to paying the full 13 months off or should I just pay it off at the 6 or 7th month mark?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Re: Installment Loan Pay Off Early?

Yes, it will remain on your report for the 10 years. I always advocate that paying as little interest as possible is a good thing. I think 6 months of good payment history is satisfactory. What is the APR on the loan?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Installment Loan Pay Off Early?

Something ridiclious like 28% or higher, I'd have to look at it again..  Every payment that I have been making has been going toward the balance and not interest. Thankfully!

I think 6 months payment history is good to. Of course, they're trying to get me to keep it for 12 months but, I think having at least 6 months of history is good.. I'd rather pay it off then have high ass interest on it.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.