Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installment Loan only reporting to TU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Installment Loan only reporting to TU

So I was just looking over my credit report and noticed that 1 installment loan I have on furniture that I financed through American First Finance is only reporting to TU. Should I consider calling them and having them report the loan to EQ and EX? Will this hurt me if I do? The loan has had 0 missed payments. What is the best way to handle this situation? Thanks in advance for the help!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Installment Loan only reporting to TU

How old is the loan? Sometimes it takes a staement or 2 to report.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So I was just looking over my credit report and noticed that 1 installment loan I have on furniture that I financed through American First Finance is only reporting to TU. Should I consider calling them and having them report the loan to EQ and EX? Will this hurt me if I do? The loan has had 0 missed payments. What is the best way to handle this situation? Thanks in advance for the help!

Is it the only open installment credit you have?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is not the only installment loan I have open. There is only $400 left of payment on it and it has been open for a year. Should I just leave it be or should I try to get it on all 3 reports?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It is not the only installment loan I have open. There is only $400 left of payment on it and it has been open for a year. Should I just leave it be or should I try to get it on all 3 reports?

Yeah just leave it be. Nothing to gain by adding it.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.