Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting DV Response...Help!

tag
aurelie00
Regular Contributor

Interesting DV Response...Help!

I sent a DV to a CA that I found on my CR but had never received any communication from.  I first called them (the debt was only $97) since I did not recognize the debt.  They were unable to verify any information about the debt or even their client!  Anyhow, I sent the DV and they promptly sent me a letter stating they would no longer take action to collect this debt on behalf of the client and would close the account. 

Great, except at no point did they say they would delete this from the credit bureaus.  Is it implied?

Also, they said they would be sending the debt back to the OC...but they couldn't even verify the OC with me.  Hoping the OC writes off the $97 and also doesn't take any action. 

Thoughts on my next steps or whether I should be concerned?

Starting Score: 524
Current Score: 715
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

Re: Interesting DV Response...Help!

Yes, they will delete. If they no longer have the account, there's nothing to report.

Should you be concerned? Maybe. Weird that they can't tell you who the OC is. But maybe it's past CTRP?

Message 2 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If the OC account was past CRTP that would pose a problem.  Why would the CA still be reporting if the OC dropped off due to age?

Message 3 of 5
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

If the OC account was past CRTP that would pose a problem.  Why would the CA still be reporting if the OC dropped off due to age?

I have no idea, but hand to God this happened to me a few months ago. I DV'd, and they came back with whoops, we can't validate and will remove it forthwith. Did not want to tell me who the OC was. After some investigation, turned out it was past CTRP. Weird, I know.

Message 4 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

IMHO, I beleive CAs only report to cause strife in a consumers life.  They could care less about the law, until they get caught.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.