Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting Equifax online dispute

tag
gatortrades
New Contributor

Interesting Equifax online dispute

So I was entering an online dispute in Equifax for an erroneous 30 day late on a car payment from 2012 (basically nothing negative on my CR anymore except cap one charge off and a few random lates from many years ago).  When I was looking at my report on the dispute page, it said the cap one charge off was already under investigation. This is odd because I haven't disputed anything in over a year. Any reason why it would say this?

So my cap one charge off has been a big pain for awhile, and I recently wrote in GW letters to 3 different addresses about a week ago. Think this May be it?  Thanks for any ideas!

Starting Score: 8/6/08 EQ-428 TU-471 EX-440
Current Score: EQ-822 Scorewatch 3/4/19 TU-798 BOA 3/19/19 EX-793 3/6/19 Discover Creditscorecard
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gatortrades
New Contributor

Re: Interesting Equifax online dispute

I should add that it doesn't say that down in the comment area like "consumer disputes etc.". It's a big box saying an investigation is in process.

Also kinda hoping that if that's from an old investigation and they never finished, the 30 day answer/investigation/timeframe thing will require it be deleted

Starting Score: 8/6/08 EQ-428 TU-471 EX-440
Current Score: EQ-822 Scorewatch 3/4/19 TU-798 BOA 3/19/19 EX-793 3/6/19 Discover Creditscorecard
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
RaiseMyScoreASAP
Regular Contributor

Good luck. Equifax is by far the worst of all the CRAs and it isn't even close.  

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Difficult to say re: investigation. I had a similar thing happen last year. I'd initiated a dispute with one of the bureaus, and went I went to initiate it with one of the others a few days later it said an investigation was already underway. I don't think a goodwill letter would result in an investigation, but maybe something else triggered it. Maybe because you're disputing something else they decided to verify the other things on your report? These are just guesses however. In my case I assume the dispute I initiated with the one bureau triggered the investigation for the other.

Good luck! I hope it all ends up in your favor.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gatortrades wrote:

So I was entering an online dispute in Equifax for an erroneous 30 day late on a car payment from 2012 (basically nothing negative on my CR anymore except cap one charge off and a few random lates from many years ago).  When I was looking at my report on the dispute page, it said the cap one charge off was already under investigation. This is odd because I haven't disputed anything in over a year. Any reason why it would say this?

So my cap one charge off has been a big pain for awhile, and I recently wrote in GW letters to 3 different addresses about a week ago. Think this May be it?  Thanks for any ideas!

I know I posted somthing similar in another thread, but I have a growing suspicion that the recent CFPB action against all 3 CRA's requiring them to be more accurate in their reporting is resulting in these strange behaviors, which hopefully will benefit us credit rebuilding folks Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.