cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting call with Equifax (tried for EE)

tag
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Interesting call with Equifax (tried for EE)

I contacted EQ to see if they would do an EE on two old Cap 1 accounts that were IIB. The woman that I spoke with sounded like she was in a different country. Not that there is anything wrong with that but it was a difficult call. She looked at the first one and say that it was included in my BK so it would report for 10 years. I had to explain that bankruptcies report for 10 years but the accounted that are included in them only report for about 7 years from the date of first delinquency. I explained this twice. She put me on hold, checked into something then came back so we could tell eachother the same thing again. I also pointed out that the other accounted that were IIB were deleted after about 7 years. I explained that process a couple of times. In the end she said the first delinquency dates are at the beginning of 2009 so I guess I'll have to wait longer. Or try again with hopes of getting someone that knows how things work a little better. 

I know I was kind of pushing the envelope timewise with EQ. TU deleted those accounts recently so I figured I'd give it a try with EQ. The knowledge that the woman had was way off. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.