cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting data point for Paypal credit (billmelater)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting data point for Paypal credit (billmelater)

I completely forgot I even had a PayPal Credit about a year ago I signed up for a MacBook purchase. I never even paid the bill and just noticed today that I couldn't even sign in to the account. I'm presuming it was charged-off...but the tradeline never appeared on my credit report in the first place, let alone now. Think I'm in the clear with this? 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Interesting data point for Paypal credit (billmelater)

@Anonymous wrote:

I completely forgot I even had a PayPal Credit about a year ago I signed up for a MacBook purchase. I never even paid the bill and just noticed today that I couldn't even sign in to the account. I'm presuming it was charged-off...but the tradeline never appeared on my credit report in the first place, let alone now. Think I'm in the clear with this? 

PayPal credit doesnt show on credit reports when you first get it or if you use it and pay as you're supposed to because it is a hidden credit line.  My guess is that it will eventually show up on your reports as delinquent or it will be turned over to a bill collector and then they'll report it.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

PayPal credit doesnt show on credit reports when you first get it or if you use it and pay as you're supposed to because it is a hidden credit line.  My guess is that it will eventually show up on your reports as delinquent or it will be turned over to a bill collector and then they'll report it.

If you apply for Credit. Do they HP or SP?

Message 3 of 8
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Just curious how you forgot how you financed and/or paid for your your apple computer?  You never made a single payment to them?   It will definetly be a Charge-off and most likekly you will be getting calls from a Collection Agency in due time and have two dings on your CR one being from the Charge-Off and one from the Collection Agency.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's been both i nthe past.  Mine was an SP but most people reports HPs as far as I know

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's been both i nthe past.  Mine was an SP but most people reports HPs as far as I know

been a member of PayPal for so long.. They only ask for DOB and last 4 of SSN.

But meh.. Can't afford a HP right now.

Message 6 of 8
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

been a member of PayPal for so long.. They only ask for DOB and last 4 of SSN.

But meh.. Can't afford a HP right now.

HP against EQ.. That is all they asked two years back when I got it and got HP on EQ.  Started out at 1k I believe and over 5k now all by SP account reviews

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interestingly enough I let the computer sit in the box for about 8 months before using it, in my storage unit while inbetween moving. So I COMPELTELY forgot to pay the bill as my paypal account got limited shortly after for a dispute that didn't work out in my favor and left it negative 2300 bucks. Really stupid, if it comes back to bite me I guess I'll be fine as i dont plan on buying another home or anything for a very long time.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.