cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting scenario with old Macy's credit. What is the best route to take?

tag
cahiatt
Contributor

Interesting scenario with old Macy's credit. What is the best route to take?

There is a single baddie left on my wife's credit that we have been trying to remove. It is there from nothing more than a error on my part. Essentially this is the scenario.

1) Wife had Rich's/Macy's account from back in 2001.

2) I had my own Rich's/Macy's account from around 2003.

3) Sometime around 2004 I added her as joint owner/user on my account, paid hers off and just never used it again (never actually called to close the account)

Fast forward to 2007....

1) At some point in middle of 2007 she went to a Macy's store for a purchase and didn't have her card. They looked up the info via SS# and reopened HER account versus charging on the joint account.

2) As I always paid via web I would typically ignore mailed statements from them as duplicate of what I was viewing online. Basically not realizing that the statement coming in was from her reactivated account that now has a balance, not our joint account that is paid off.

3) By ignoring the mailed statements assuming it was our joint account I also ignored the balance due and never paid it.

It really was my fault. I wasn't as organized back then and should have noticed on the envelope it was addressed to my wife only and not the both of us.

The amount never went to collection and was never notified by anyone trying to collect the debt.  It just shows on the credit report as chargeoff in Jan 2008. I'd like to pay it. I've sent them letters explaining what happened and requested a PFD but usually get a canned response with essentially "no". They don't seem interested in even trying to comprehend the event that lead up to this or even interested in me sending them any money.

Anyone have a suggested path or contact via their executive office that may get this accomplished? Our joint account is in good standing still.

Thanks....

Starting Score: 594 (Dec 10, 2010)
Score: 758 (March, 2013
Goal Score: 730 on all (by end of 2012)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
cahiatt
Contributor

Re: Interesting scenario with old Macy's credit. What is the best route to take?

Anyone have a contact or path of communication that worked for them on a GW or PFD for the above? I'd like to get this goine.

Thanks,

Starting Score: 594 (Dec 10, 2010)
Score: 758 (March, 2013
Goal Score: 730 on all (by end of 2012)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.