Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting score drop and math?

tag
cluelessoregonguy
Contributor

Interesting score drop and math?

Still learning all this stuff. Had a TU FAKO at 700+ and one of my new accounts reported. It took the score down 39 pts to the 660s somewhere. I was freaking out and then looked at my AAoA. It was down to 6.6 months when the new CL hit and dropped just below 6.

It feels kind of like I got "re-bucketed"? I have 3 more accounts that will report soon and nuke that even further but I'm hoping I can get AAoA back past the 6 month mark in 2.5 months. Hopefully I can see the 700s again and maybe crawl towards 700 true FICO.

2 of the accounts are store cards I haven't used yet. Do they report even if they're unused? Vs and JCrew. Maybe I'll leave them at 0 for now.

I freaked out when I saw the score drop but it is educational at least.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Interesting score drop and math?

@cluelessoregonguy wrote:

Still learning all this stuff. Had a TU FAKO at 700+ and one of my new accounts reported. It took the score down 39 pts to the 660s somewhere. I was freaking out and then looked at my AAoA. It was down to 6.6 months when the new CL hit and dropped just below 6.

It feels kind of like I got "re-bucketed"? I have 3 more accounts that will report soon and nuke that even further but I'm hoping I can get AAoA back past the 6 month mark in 2.5 months. Hopefully I can see the 700s again and maybe crawl towards 700 true FICO.

2 of the accounts are store cards I haven't used yet. Do they report even if they're unused? Vs and JCrew. Maybe I'll leave them at 0 for now.

I freaked out when I saw the score drop but it is educational at least.

Forget those Fakos, I recently lost 50 Fako points for 3 new accounts reporting to EX, I just laughed at it, my actual Fico went up a few points.... You cannot guage anything to them they are for entertainment only.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.