Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduction/Advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Introduction/Advice

Hi guys, came across this forum, and enrolled in the myfico service so I can take on my credit score head on. My names Jesse, I'm 21. Current fico scores of EQ-573 TU-607 EX-585. My previous history is as follows: Wells Fargo college card from 5/12 to 9/14. I succumbed to a brain injury and because of this I have three 30 day lates, and one 60 day late that led to them closing the account. I have no recollection of paying in between the 30 day lates as that whole portion of my life is lost from my memory but as soon as I received some of my compensation from the scoundrels insurance who nearly killed me I paid them in full. Just the other day I sent a GW latter to Wells Fargo. I have heard they are real hard balls on this, however it's worth the effort. I faxed the GW letter, should I try to mail instead? The account was never sent to collections. I also had a cosigned auto loan through kinecta federal credit union (2.9apr) that I paid off $18k in 20 months, no late payment. I also paid off a motorcycle loan through MotoLease/AC Autopay in 12 months for 12k, no derogatory payments. MotoLease sold the loan to AC Autopay 3 months prior to me paying it off. MotoLease never reported to any credit bureau as it seems. AC Autopay filled out that it was paid never late, the dates, the high amount, but have failed to fill out any of the months or subsequent info. Today I contacted them and they agreed to fill it out WITHOUT filing a discrepancy. They also claim to have received my history from MotoLease and will post that. Should I still pursue MotoLease to report to the bureaus? Or would that he dishonest as technically both companies would report nearly the same thing? Finally, I recently got a motorcycle loan using a Kawasaki/HSBC card(wish I had known beforehand this would destroy my utilization) no derogatory listings, limit of $8800, and balance of $7k which I plan to pay off in hopefully the next 60 days. Any more advice? I want to get another car with my credit union, they use experian auto enhanced (I have a 600 score). And I obviously need to raise that before attempting as I have no cosigner.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Introduction/Advice

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi guys, came across this forum, and enrolled in the myfico service so I can take on my credit score head on. My names Jesse, I'm 21. Current fico scores of EQ-573 TU-607 EX-585. My previous history is as follows: Wells Fargo college card from 5/12 to 9/14. I succumbed to a brain injury and because of this I have three 30 day lates, and one 60 day late that led to them closing the account. I have no recollection of paying in between the 30 day lates as that whole portion of my life is lost from my memory but as soon as I received some of my compensation from the scoundrels insurance who nearly killed me I paid them in full. Just the other day I sent a GW latter to Wells Fargo. I have heard they are real hard balls on this, however it's worth the effort. I faxed the GW letter, should I try to mail instead? The account was never sent to collections. Sorry to hear of your accident and welcome to my Fico Smiley Happy  Fax is better than email IMO but nothing comes close to the personal touch of a mailed letter. Wait for their decision though on the GW you did fax. You would send them to the office of the CEO.
I also had a cosigned auto loan through kinecta federal credit union (2.9apr) that I paid off $18k in 20 months, no late payment. I also paid off a motorcycle loan through MotoLease/AC Autopay in 12 months for 12k, no derogatory payments. MotoLease sold the loan to AC Autopay 3 months prior to me paying it off. MotoLease never reported to any credit bureau as it seems. AC Autopay filled out that it was paid never late, the dates, the high amount, but have failed to fill out any of the months or subsequent info. Today I contacted them and they agreed to fill it out WITHOUT filing a discrepancy. They also claim to have received my history from MotoLease and will post that. Should I still pursue MotoLease to report to the bureaus? The first company can report until they sold it, they would just have to note it was sold to another lender and 0 out the balance. the company that bought it can report the entire history as well including post purchase.  Or would that he dishonest as technically both companies would report nearly the same thing? Finally, I recently got a motorcycle loan using a Kawasaki/HSBC card(wish I had known beforehand this would destroy my utilization) no derogatory listings, limit of $8800, and balance of $7k which I plan to pay off in hopefully the next 60 days. Any more advice? I would not pay off this loan completely if its your only installment loan open as you would get a Fico ding for having no current installment loans. I want to get another car with my credit union, they use experian auto enhanced (I have a 600 score). And I obviously need to raise that before attempting as I have no cosigner. What you really need are 3 open revolving bankcards and 1 store card to drive your Fico. I would get secured cards if you cannot qualify for any unsecured. You could try Cap-1 for unsecured. 30% of your Fico score is derived from revolving credit card utilization alone, no open cards and you get dinged for it. Concentrate on the bankcards first the store card can come later.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.